Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Have you tried putting a valve core into the plunger and checking to see how tight the fit is? Might just need to squeeze it down a little, with a core in it. I had the opposite problem on this oddball style york core on the suction line, I spread the plunger jaws out a little and it fit.

What I've found is even if the core doesn't come out you can still tell if you got it unscrewed, you can then usually valve it off take out the plunger, pop the valve open real fast and it will shoot the core out.
    I got tired of fooling with it and just use my YJ plunger, it works everytime. Well, except for those weird valve cores on goodman packs I just pull a vac the old fashioned way on those. Why does goodman use that type of valve core?

Post Likes
    I had that problem last year. Appion sent me new plungers. All is good now.
    Have you tried putting a valve core into the plunger and checking to see how tight the fit is? Might just need to squeeze it down a little, with a core in it. I had the opposite problem on this oddball style york core on the suction line, I spread the plunger jaws out a little and it fit.

What I've found is even if the core doesn't come out you can still tell if you got it unscrewed, you can then usually valve it off take out the plunger, pop the valve open real fast and it will shoot the core out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    The trouble here is the lack of standardization of the pin-tip of the valve core. If we make the tool "loose" enough to catch worn, corroded, and oversized pins, then the tip won't always remove cores when the system is NOT under pressure.

We have a range of valve cores that EVERY tip is tested on, and the tip has to grab the core on the first try to pass the test. Either you have a "new" tool from old stock, or the valve cores you are working with are of a shape or condition we couldn't account for.

One thing to try is to put a drop of clean vacuum pump oil in the hole at the end of the tip, and then put a valve core into the tip to work the oil into the gaskets. If this doesn't improve the function on new valve cores (that is, corroded cores are problematic no matter what), then send me a message and we'll get you taken care of.
    Thank you very much! i will try that tomorrow and let you know what happens

Post Likes

good call on, i have never thought of that. i will also try that tomorrow

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Well, except for those weird valve cores on goodman packs I just pull a vac the old fashioned way on those. Why does goodman use that type of valve core?
    Is it the weird fatter core where you can see the spring around the stem?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    X2.

Where can I get an Appion AV760 Micron/Vacuum Gauge?
    You might notice that the AV760 is wirelessly sending its readings to the smartphone... you might also notice that it is measuring from atmosphere and down. And for accuracy, well... I think you'll appreciate it.

While I don't have an official launch date, stay tuned, it's almost here.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Looks to be a hefty absolute pressure sensor possibly

Post Likes
    It's accurate at atmosphere (760,000 is average micron level at sea level, but we're at altitude, so we're anywhere from 630,000-650,000). It's also accurate at 15 microns.

Post Likes
    I know its not the greatest vacuum gauge but I really like the convenience of using my FP AVG2 vacuum gauge head and a wireless transmitter so I can be working finishing things up on an a/h somewhere and keeping an eye on the evacuation thru a meter with the wireless receiver. That would be great to have the reliability of something along the same caliber as the Bluevac with wireless monitoring. I'd grab one up for sure. Hopefully it wont be tooooo steep in price......: P
    l8r

Post Likes
    Well maybe BlueVac is working on this as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by dachipsta View Post
    I know its not the greatest vacuum gauge but I really like the convenience of using my FP AVG2 vacuum gauge head and a wireless transmitter so I can be working finishing things up on an a/h somewhere and keeping an eye on the evacuation thru a meter with the wireless receiver. That would be great to have the reliability of something along the same caliber as the Bluevac with wireless monitoring. I'd grab one up for sure. Hopefully it wont be tooooo steep in price......: P

Post Likes
    Is it the weird fatter core where you can see the spring around the stem?
    Yea

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Well maybe BlueVac is working on this as we speak.
    I spoke to Accutools twice last Tuesday and it was mentioned during one conversation that they were working on new products but who knows what??
    Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Yea
    Yes those are annoying, that's the one I ran into on a York I did recently, just on the suction side though. I don't know why those are getting used.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast