Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 168
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Likes
    You know he is one of "them".... dont you ex
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,407
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yaytech View Post
    big question...Where would you move to ?
    Following my dreams, I would move to Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, or Tennessee. If my son tags along, I will forgo my dreams to make his happen and then it would be, more than likely, Texas or Florida.

    I don't think someone can fully appreciate the corruption in IL without actually living here. The money that is wasted is mind boggling. We have become accustomed to the BS and, if you ask me, the whole system is a joke. At some point in time people will realize that. Don't get me wrong, Chicago and its suburbs offer an opportunity to make a very good living, whether it be in our trade or other industries, for people with above average talent or political/union connections. The problem is they steal the money right back. The Ponzi scheme they call the IL state budget is going to crash hard one day.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yaytech View Post
    ex... do you like jimi ?
    No, & a quick story. A friend in Cincy knew a guy who had a limo service. He said when Hendrix came to Cincy that Hendrix was a slob and even put out his cigarette on the seat of the limo. But, I'm sure a lot of rockers did a lot worse stuff than that--Van Halen, The Who, etc.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You know he is one of "them".... dont you ex
    A black guy? Gee I never noticed before, but you're right.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Following my dreams, I would move to Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, or Tennessee. If my son tags along, I will forgo my dreams to make his happen and then it would be, more than likely, Texas or Florida.

    I don't think someone can fully appreciate the corruption in IL without actually living here. The money that is wasted is mind boggling. We have become accustomed to the BS and, if you ask me, the whole system is a joke. At some point in time people will realize that. Don't get me wrong, Chicago and its suburbs offer an opportunity to make a very good living, whether it be in our trade or other industries, for people with above average talent or political/union connections. The problem is they steal the money right back. The Ponzi scheme they call the IL state budget is going to crash hard one day.
    Everybody says that about IL.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yaytech View Post
    big question...Where would you move to ?
    How about Jeffrey City, Wyoming? I passed through here after visiting a friend in Lander, WY, and I couldn't believe how remote this place was. Imagine what it is like in the winter. But, I guess you would have to be drawing a government check to survive there.













    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,802
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Following my dreams, I would move to Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, or Tennessee. If my son tags along, I will forgo my dreams to make his happen and then it would be, more than likely, Texas or Florida.

    I don't think someone can fully appreciate the corruption in IL without actually living here. The money that is wasted is mind boggling. We have become accustomed to the BS and, if you ask me, the whole system is a joke. At some point in time people will realize that. Don't get me wrong, Chicago and its suburbs offer an opportunity to make a very good living, whether it be in our trade or other industries, for people with above average talent or political/union connections. The problem is they steal the money right back. The Ponzi scheme they call the IL state budget is going to crash hard one day.
    I don't know how you can take that place. Spend over 20 years in that rathole, got the hell out in the seventies. If you were to offer me a million dollars to move back, I would say no thanks.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  9. Likes Fender60 liked this post.
  10. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,851
    Post Likes
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,407
    Post Likes
    So the question I have is If people migrate to the "top" states will their status eventually change for the worse? Boomtowns eventually go bust. In the case of TX with the growing Hispanic population, will their votes change the political climate. I don't know much about TX but I have relatives in Austin which is one of the most liberal cities I have ever visited. I understand this is not a representation of the entire state, but it seems possible to me the political views of the state as a whole could start veering towards the "Austin" way the more people emigrate. Especially as urban areas increase in population.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  13. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Prata di Pordenone
    Posts
    7,658
    Post Likes
    until we get term limits in every elected position there will be corruption ,term limits dont stop it completly but it helps alot
    Go Trump

  14. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,809
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    So the question I have is If people migrate to the "top" states will their status eventually change for the worse? Boomtowns eventually go bust. In the case of TX with the growing Hispanic population, will their votes change the political climate. I don't know much about TX but I have relatives in Austin which is one of the most liberal cities I have ever visited. I understand this is not a representation of the entire state, but it seems possible to me the political views of the state as a whole could start veering towards the "Austin" way the more people emigrate. Especially as urban areas increase in population.
    Texas got more liberal starting with Governor Bush. The Bush family are mega Mexican lovers. I don't dislike Mexicans myself.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •