Thread: LonSpec

Post Likes

LonSpec

Has anyone successfully used a USB to ft Lon adapter with honeywell's lonspec? Seems to me it should work but I don't think it was supported. Trying to get away from PCMCIA slot card. That's the only reason I'm still carrying that laptop around. Thanks. J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I haven't worked with that but for the stuff I use and others the NIC-USB The only thing I wish is that it was a bit smaller...I tried the Echelon U10 but it didn't play well with numerous items.

Sub'd anyway as I am interested what other feedback you'll get.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grossman View Post
    Has anyone successfully used a USB to ft Lon adapter with honeywell's lonspec? Seems to me it should work but I don't think it was supported. Trying to get away from PCMCIA slot card. That's the only reason I'm still carrying that laptop around. Thanks. J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have tried big time to no gain. I bought a ExpressCard to PCMCIA.....then found out Lonspec doesn't play nicely with 64bit. No big deal......run it on Windows XP VM. Wait I can't find a VM software that will recognize my ExpressCard slot.

So I use I'm using a Rapidlink to access Lonspec.

Post Likes
    I tried the echelon usb adapter for lonspec. I could never get that thing to work. found out later that it was not supported. if I remember correctly, it had something to do with lonspec only recognizing the older com ports.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks.