Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    544
    Post Likes

    Trane Summit & Rover question

    Hello!

    The controls dept of my company has recently acquired a contract with a school that has a Tracer Summit (ver ?) front end, bunch of UV's and FCU's. The Summit computer can see everything it is supposed to: graphics, schedules, whatever. Unless there is a sensor that failed, or was never there, all is fine.

    The confusions sets in with the rover software on several fronts. First of all, we need to take a seperate laptop, running Rover, and connect it to the LON bus at the 2 central panels to change the minimum discharge setpoint of all the units. Shouldn't the Summit softare, ie - Front End, be able to manage the whole enchilada without additional support? Or, am I guessing correctly and it is an issue of access provided with the login/pwd given to us from the school district?

    Second problem: As already stated, the Summit computer can see everything. However, when the Rover computer is learning in the profiles of all the nodes on the bus, there are about 22 (roughly 1/3) Neuron ID's the Rover cannot access. Why can Summit see into the UV's that Rover cannot (confirmed by comparing Neuron ID's)? If I press the Reset button on the UV control board (as the Rover softare recommends) will that completely clear the memory of that controller, necessitating a download from (???) source? Or will it simply reboot the board and all SHOULD be well?

    Thanks,

    Ken

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Practically Canadian ehh.
    Posts
    675
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chesehd View Post
    Shouldn't the Summit softare, ie - Front End, be able to manage the whole enchilada without additional support? Or, am I guessing correctly and it is an issue of access provided with the login/pwd given to us from the school district?
    No, Rover is a unit configuration tool. Summit is a site configuration tool and front-end. Your password can only limit whether or not you can access the unit editors in Summit. There will be unit configuration points only available to Rover.


    Second problem: As already stated, the Summit computer can see everything. However, when the Rover computer is learning in the profiles of all the nodes on the bus, there are about 22 (roughly 1/3) Neuron ID's the Rover cannot access. Why can Summit see into the UV's that Rover cannot (confirmed by comparing Neuron ID's)? If I press the Reset button on the UV control board (as the Rover softare recommends) will that completely clear the memory of that controller, necessitating a download from (???) source? Or will it simply reboot the board and all SHOULD be well?
    You have comm-link problems. Check link resistance, and make shield wire is not grounded anywhere. Suggested to remove the link ground connections un-shielded wire is preferred. Resistance with 22awg should be total around 55Ω ( 2x105Ω termination resistors + total link length resistance ).

    KW

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Likes
    How many BCU's do you have? It is possible that the rest of your unit ventilators are on a different comm link.

    -JB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    544
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    There are 2 BCU's in the school.

    However, I was told (don't be afraid to correct my misunderstanding here) that I would not be able to see the UV's in the other BCU without being connected to it directly, using Rover.

    I've not had the opportunity to get back to the school since Friday to confirm that idea, though, and would like to walk in with all the ammo I can carry. So to speak.

    Thanks again!

    Ken

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13
    Post Likes

    Tracer and ZN-510

    Quote Originally Posted by kwillmech View Post
    No, Rover is a unit configuration tool. Summit is a site configuration tool and front-end. Your password can only limit whether or not you can access the unit editors in Summit. There will be unit configuration points only available to Rover.




    You have comm-link problems. Check link resistance, and make shield wire is not grounded anywhere. Suggested to remove the link ground connections un-shielded wire is preferred. Resistance with 22awg should be total around 55Ω ( 2x105Ω termination resistors + total link length resistance ).

    KW
    I wish Trane told us about the unshielded wire 5 years ago. They have first specified shielded wire and changed there minds. We keep loosing a bus every 6 months. The BCU doesn’t fail I just can’t communicate to 70 devices (ZN-510). All devices show with rover.
    Reset BCU – No Good
    Clear Ram and Reset- No Good
    Clear database ram and reset – No Good
    Clear Code and all. – No Good.

    Latest Ver.

    I have to rediscover the link and all is fine again.

    When Trane gets the call they don’t even show up anymore. Last time we called them they were there for a week and stop coming. They left the bus down. Many calls to the MFG.

    I spent the day reassigning Neuron ID’s after they Controlled Y the BCU.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Practically Canadian ehh.
    Posts
    675
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vipervgts View Post
    I wish Trane told us about the unshielded wire 5 years ago. They have first specified shielded wire and changed there minds.
    Growing pains...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Practically Canadian ehh.
    Posts
    675
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chesehd View Post
    There are 2 BCU's in the school.

    However, I was told (don't be afraid to correct my misunderstanding here) that I would not be able to see the UV's in the other BCU without being connected to it directly, using Rover.

    I've not had the opportunity to get back to the school since Friday to confirm that idea, though, and would like to walk in with all the ammo I can carry. So to speak.

    Thanks again!

    Ken
    You should be able to see all from Summit. Rover can only see controllers on the link it is physically connected to. To see second link you need to connect to that link.

    KW

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR