Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: lunch ideas

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    I don't usually eat lunch unless I'm near the house and there I have my homemade veggie soup with a tad of beef in it. I like more vegetables and less meat now- it digests better and I feel better. Bananas, cottage cheese with grapes, no breads if possible.

The last time I went to a subway months ago was my last. I watched them prepare the sub. When the girl placed the cheese and meat on the sub, I could swear I could see right through the thin slices layered 1/8" thick. You could see the sub was 90% bread. My comments about more filling in the sub were returned with basically "no", even if I offered to pay more. I left the line and walked away.

I drink more water to subside the hungers sometimes.

Absolutely no sodas! Especially diet sodas. My wife and a friend are type 2 diabetics because they would drink a six pac of those a day- in my opinion.
    Keep some saltine... or salt free saltine crackers in your truck...... several times during the day just grab a couple...

They will keep you feeling hungry.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    You got that right. Nothing good there.

Refined wheat might be a great survival food, but there are precious few in the United States of America that qualify for being at the level of survival status unless they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Keep some saltine... or salt free saltine crackers in your truck...... several times during the day just grab a couple...

They will keep you feeling hungry.

Post Likes
    I don't think that's true - I think there are too many hungry people in the US. Far too many. And I think a lot of them are children.

Which is one of the reasons I am against, so-called; foreign aid. When the last American pushes back from the table and says: That's it - I can't eat another bite. That is the time we can see what's left to bribe other countries to pretend to like us.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You got that right. Nothing good there.

Refined wheat might be a great survival food, but there are precious few in the United States of America that qualify for being at the level of survival status unless they want to be.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I can agree with you on several points. Problem is that the food is there, obviously not the best of the best, just that some do not want to put up with the 'bureaucracy' to get it. Whether it be welfare, other social aid, the local church, the local soup kitchen, etc.

One of the problems is that if you're not getting proper nutrition, that makes it harder to make the decisions to get the proper nutrition.

One of my biggest problems is the generational thing. Children making babies that don't have a clue how to take care of themselves much less others. Can't feed themselves; or their babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I don't think that's true - I think there are too many hungry people in the US. Far too many. And I think a lot of them are children.

Which is one of the reasons I am against, so-called; foreign aid. When the last American pushes back from the table and says: That's it - I can't eat another bite. That is the time we can see what's left to bribe other countries to pretend to like us.

PHM
    -------

Post Likes
    Yes; but pretty much everyone discovers all on their own that they love effing. All the other stuff has to be taught - and it isn't.

PHM
    --------

I can agree with you on several points. Problem is that the food is there, obviously not the best of the best, just that some do not want to put up with the 'bureaucracy' to get it. Whether it be welfare, other social aid, the local church, the local soup kitchen, etc.

One of the problems is that if you're not getting proper nutrition, that makes it harder to make the decisions to get the proper nutrition.

One of my biggest problems is the generational thing. Children making babies that don't have a clue how to take care of themselves much less others. Can't feed themselves; or their babies.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    They will keep you from feeling hungry..... lol

I like plain crackers.... bland... just something to give the old gut something to work on..... I used to keep boxes of those little debbie snack cakes on the truck too....... or buy the bulk packs of peanut butter or cheese crackers....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    This is what I keep in the truck -

http://www.target.com/p/archer-farms...z/-/A-14723326

And there is also the Plus that Target stores consistently have the best looking women shopping there.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    They will keep you from feeling hungry..... lol

I like plain crackers.... bland... just something to give the old gut something to work on..... I used to keep boxes of those little debbie snack cakes on the truck too....... or buy the bulk packs of peanut butter or cheese crackers....
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Lately ive been taking salad... pull apart a heart of romaine, cut up some celery, sprinkle some matchstick carrots, and maybe even bring chopped up chicken in a zipper baggie.

Another idea, on a piece of flatbreat or naan, some pieces of chicken, sprinkle cheese and spices and toast in the mini oven. I don't mind a cold-once-toasted sandwich.

It sucks, but fast food and refined sugar is addicting so I just need to stay away from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I pack all my lunches in the morning before work now. I used to only eat fast food; stopped that about 15 years ago. So I literally had not had a Taco Bell taco in that amount of time. I used to get six of them for lunch. Think they used to be something like 59 cents each. Oh man, I could wolf those babies down. And loved every bite!

So I had been sort of having a craving for them again. Cravings lasted about a year before I gave in. Even knowing that their 'beef' was less than 50% real meat. So a couple of months ago I bought three of those tacos. They were pretty gross. Fast food really tastes almost like crap once you start eating healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalinput View Post
    Lately ive been taking salad... pull apart a heart of romaine, cut up some celery, sprinkle some matchstick carrots, and maybe even bring chopped up chicken in a zipper baggie.

Another idea, on a piece of flatbreat or naan, some pieces of chicken, sprinkle cheese and spices and toast in the mini oven. I don't mind a cold-once-toasted sandwich.

It sucks, but fast food and refined sugar is addicting so I just need to stay away from it.

10. Likes skwoodwiva2 liked this post
    Post Likes
    mouth-full-of-sardines.blog~spot.com/p/sardine-list

Remove the ~ then search with google.
    Edit, efing censorship, really?

A review of most sardines

Lol, fast food will kill you!!

Post Likes
    I pack all my lunches in the morning before work now. I used to only eat fast food; stopped that about 15 years ago. So I literally had not had a Taco Bell taco in that amount of time. I used to get six of them for lunch. Think they used to be something like 59 cents each. Oh man, I could wolf those babies down. And loved every bite!

So I had been sort of having a craving for them again. Cravings lasted about a year before I gave in. Even knowing that their 'beef' was less than 50% real meat. So a couple of months ago I bought three of those tacos. They were pretty gross. Fast food really tastes almost like crap once you start eating healthy.
    I can definitely see that.. just got to break the habbit. Its so easy to go through a drive-thru for 5 bux than to spend 30 mins packing a lunch. I like the 12v crockpot ideas... im going to check them out.

Post Likes
    Seems like there was a 'craze' about Hot Pockets a couple of years ago. Didn't have a clue what they were, just seemed to hear people talking about them in person and on the radio. Then I asked my better half if she knew what they were.

She said said yes, they have them at work, I'll bring one home for you if you want. But you won't like it. I said sure, I'm curious what they are. She was right. Mostly just refined white flour and fat wrapped around some really gross goo that we are probably supposed to believe is cheese made from dairy and bits of stuff that was likely cat food we are probably supposed to believe was ham.

And people thought that stuff was tasty? I honestly couldn't believe how bad is was after hearing everyone rant about how good they were.

Post Likes
    Hot pockets have been around for a while.. ive never liked them... pretty much anything that is supposed to be microwaved is gross.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast