Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lunch ideas

Post Likes
    I cut out the crappy food after I had my accident at work in '11. Very little caffeine, no dark soda (the most I have is a sprite every so often), low sugar, try it as many fruits and veggies as I can stand.
    All I take to drink during the day is bottled water.
    I think back to the days when I I'd do KFC, mcdonalds and Burger King for lunch every day. Man I felt like crap back then and didn't even realize it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    I think back to the days when I I'd do KFC, mcdonalds and Burger King for lunch every day. Man I felt like crap back then and didn't even realize it.
    Heh heh, yeah, me to. You really don't know how bad you feel until you start eating correctly. One nice thing is that the results from changing your diet are almost immediate. I mean, you can start by making small but significant changes and feel your energy level go up within just a couple or three days.

Post Likes
    Without all the caffeine, my energy is much more stable. I don't have the crashes I did when I'd suck down a bottle of Pepsi for lunch. Plus you don't have all the carbonation that makes you feel all bloated up.
    Cutting caffeine by far produced the biggest results.
    If I'm out of lunch stuff, the most ill do out is a sub from wawa or subway.

Post Likes
    Try some tuna sandwich, Quick and easy to prepare.

Post Likes
    I normally don't eat a lunch nor a snack unless it's winter ( bout 2 months of the year, here in south Louisiana) or when I'm working with someone. I have to remember to tell my coworkers to stop me when they want to eat. I tend to forget that most people eat lunch once I get going.

If I know I'm gonna work overtime ill eat lunch around 3pm.

Post Likes
    Actually i do eat pretty healthy, i have bad moments liked a fried garlic bologna sandwhich the other day.

all the running around i do, i have to snack every few hours otherwise i feel dizzy. I'm in South Palm Beach. I heard rumors of wawa coming down this way.

Today was a bowl of Pho for lunch. Bun Cha for a snack.

Post Likes
    It's won't be long now. The wawa kids all have homes in south Florida now - hence the push down the coast from Wawa PA. <g> There are already Wawa stores as far south as Clearwater on the west coast.

How about Subway? Do you have them over there in the east? You can order a pretty healthy sandwich in a Subway - while still avoiding processed meats and so forth.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by itsacrazyasian View Post
    Actually i do eat pretty healthy, i have bad moments liked a fried garlic bologna sandwhich the other day.

all the running around i do, i have to snack every few hours otherwise i feel dizzy. I'm in South Palm Beach. I heard rumors of wawa coming down this way.

Today was a bowl of Pho for lunch. Bun Cha for a snack.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I don't usually eat lunch unless I'm near the house and there I have my homemade veggie soup with a tad of beef in it. I like more vegetables and less meat now- it digests better and I feel better. Bananas, cottage cheese with grapes, no breads if possible.

The last time I went to a subway months ago was my last. I watched them prepare the sub. When the girl placed the cheese and meat on the sub, I could swear I could see right through the thin slices layered 1/8" thick. You could see the sub was 90% bread. My comments about more filling in the sub were returned with basically "no", even if I offered to pay more. I left the line and walked away.

I drink more water to subside the hungers sometimes.

Absolutely no sodas! Especially diet sodas. My wife and a friend are type 2 diabetics because they would drink a six pac of those a day- in my opinion.

Post Likes
    Thought I'd bump this one back up.
    I need some new ideas for lunch. Something hot I can keep warm in the mini crock pot the wife bought me. I was taking a taco salad mix but I don't have any left.
    It's gonna be a COLD week, so need something hot to thaw me out come lunchtime.

Post Likes
    If you use a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and dump in a can or two of black beans, lentils, pinto beans, navy beans, great northern beans, or black eyed peas - it makes for a yummy hot meal. You can then take a nice portion along in a wide-mouth thermos.

I personally would add a fair amount of smashed or sliced or crushed garlic and a big onion. <g>

Something to eat with it would be some kind of cooked greens in a large portion: spinach, collards, kale, etc. Also with a substantial garlic-add. <g> Think of Pop-Eye as you eat. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Thought I'd bump this one back up.
    I need some new ideas for lunch. Something hot I can keep warm in the mini crock pot the wife bought me. I was taking a taco salad mix but I don't have any left.
    It's gonna be a COLD week, so need something hot to thaw me out come lunchtime.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    If you use a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and dump in a can or two of black beans, lentils, pinto beans, navy beans, great northern beans, or black eyed peas - it makes for a yummy hot meal. You can then take a nice portion along in a wide-mouth thermos.

I personally would add a fair amount of smashed or sliced or crushed garlic and a big onion. <g>

Something to eat with it would be some kind of cooked greens in a large portion: spinach, collards, kale, etc. Also with a substantial garlic-add. <g> Think of Pop-Eye as you eat. <g>

PHM
    -------
    That sounds GREAT... you are making me hungry...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Wife made me some white turkey chili today to take for the week. Its good and it has healthy stuff in it. Problem solved

Name:  IMG_0830[1].jpg
Views: 315
Size:  85.5 KB
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Well, I also had the same question.
    Then I bouth the book with bento japanese lunch box reсipes...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast