Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: lunch ideas

Post Likes
    One word:

SUBWAY

Around here, we still have the $3.99 combo meal... albeit I do not do the tuna on Fridays.

When I eat a 6" Subway... it carries me all day into the evening. Add a 32 ox drink (usually lemonaide... do not do soda's), and I am good to go. Keep the bag of sun-chips for mid afternoon snack.

The great thing about Subway is; it is not bad for you like fast food... it is actually healthy... if you eat your vegetables...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    One word:

SUBWAY albeit I do not do the tuna on Fridays.
    ?????

You do not like the tuna or the tuna on Friday?
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    I just spent five weeks in Florida. I occasionally had two eggs and grits for breakfast but that was very seldom. In general I don't eat all day. Although I do have a Starbucks black tea with skim milk in the morning. Your mention of Subway reminded me that I most often alternated between there and Wawa for 6" veggie or roasted turkey hoagies for dinner.

Then I discovered a wonderful Vegan restaurant called the Rawkstar Cafe in Palm Harbor. After that I only ate there except on Sunday and Monday when they are closed. What a delight and I have never felt better or more healthy.

I work like two galley slaves in Florida, 10-12 hours a day, and don't eat more than I need so I tend to lose weight there.

I stepped into my truck in NJ on July 13 at 195 lbs.
    I stepped out of my truck, back in NJ on August 22, at 179 lbs.

And I did no real exercise-program there. Just sixty crunches in the morning and another sixty at night. No other floor or weight work out.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Never tried vegan food. How filling is it?

Post Likes
    Extremely. I was very very happy with it.

I ordered two entrees one time - but it was a mistake. <g>

http://rawkstarcafe.com/

I also go to Vedge in Philly - said to be the best Vegan restaurant in the US. If I didn't tell you it was Vegan food - you would never question it. Absolutely stunning! It's worth the airfare to try it.

http://vedgerestaurant.com/

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Never tried vegan food. How filling is it?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    May have to give it a try next time I'm up that way. I'm a carnivore through and through but I'll give anything a shot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I just spent five weeks in Florida. I occasionally had two eggs and grits for breakfast but that was very seldom. In general I don't eat all day. Although I do have a Starbucks black tea with skim milk in the morning. Your mention of Subway reminded me that I most often alternated between there and Wawa for 6" veggie or roasted turkey hoagies for dinner.

Then I discovered a wonderful Vegan restaurant called the Rawkstar Cafe in Palm Harbor. After that I only ate there except on Sunday and Monday when they are closed. What a delight and I have never felt better or more healthy.

I work like two galley slaves in Florida, 10-12 hours a day, and don't eat more than I need so I tend to lose weight there.

I stepped into my truck in NJ on July 13 at 195 lbs.
    I stepped out of my truck, back in NJ on August 22, at 179 lbs.

And I did no real exercise-program there. Just sixty crunches in the morning and another sixty at night. No other floor or weight work out.
    I miss wawa! I could walk to one up in Philly around the corner from the house. I'm glad to see them in Orlando but i don't have them this far south in FLA. I dunno how you go all day without eating. I get lightheaded and want to pass out if i dont atleast have a snack every now and then. Staying hydrated down here is a MUST.

Post Likes
    How far south are you? I know Wawa is as far as Tampa and the corporate boys told me they wanted to dominate the east coast at least as far as Miami.

It's A Crazy Asian! I just now realized it said that! Somehow my brain had always previously translated it as: It's As Crazy As I Am. <G>

IF you get light headed you are almost certainly eating too much easy-sugar. You spike your blood sugar and when you burn through that your blood sugar plummets in the rebound. That is diabetic-in-the-making grade stuff. Try avoiding all refined sugar and simple carbs such as white flour and eating more complex carbs to allow your body to actually control your blood sugar levels at more stable levels. I also avoid all soft drinks, fast food, non-sugar sweeteners, white sugar in general, corn syrup, and artificial coloring.

A thoroughbred runs hard, fast, and well without the whip - purely because it wants to win - it Loves to win. You could say that it Lives to win. Your body and your brain are just like that. Stop whipping and beating yourself up with all the crap and you will be amazed how easy it is to win.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by itsacrazyasian View Post
    I miss wawa! I could walk to one up in Philly around the corner from the house. I'm glad to see them in Orlando but i don't have them this far south in FLA. I dunno how you go all day without eating. I get lightheaded and want to pass out if i dont atleast have a snack every now and then. Staying hydrated down here is a MUST.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    IF you get light headed you are almost certainly eating too much easy-sugar. You spike your blood sugar and when you burn through that your blood sugar plummets in the rebound. That is diabetic-in-the-making grade stuff. Try avoiding all refined sugar and simple carbs such as white flour and eating more complex carbs to allow your body to actually control your blood sugar levels at more stable levels. I also avoid all soft drinks, fast food, non-sugar sweeteners, white sugar in general, corn syrup, and artificial coloring.
    Very well said !!

Back around 2000 I was just feeling generally wiped out. So I figured I'd make a simple office visit at the doctor. Found out my triglycerides were through the roof, doctor wanted to put me on medication. Asked how I got this way and was told too much of the wrong foods and not enough activity. I said wouldn't it be better to eat right and get more exercise? She said yes, but no one does that.

Had to learn what proper nutrition really was. Went back in three months for another blood test and was told I was a poster child, everything looked good. Even though it was a terrible three months, I lost a lot of weight and my energy level went through the roof. Since then I've learned what nutrition really is, how to eat right, eat as much as I want, still keep the energy level up, and really enjoy what I'm eating.

I just sort of eat throughout the day, don't really stop for lunch unless I'm on a install or something with others. For lunch I pack a couple of oranges already cut up (so I can eat while driving), mixed nuts, and I cook some greens fresh each morning. When those 12 or 15 hour days hit, I'm good all day long.

Post Likes
    It's no accident that the word dis-ease exists. But your natural state is an easy and perpetual self-sustaining and self-rebuilding health.

I am routinely puzzled by the oddity that people wouldn't even Consider giving their pets, or their vehicles for that matter, the kind of abuse and garbage that they will freely give to themselves. People are arrested for mis-treating animals - and that includes feeding them inappropriate food. People insisted that laws be created to protect animals from that sort of abuse. But they then apparently have no problem killing themselves by the same methods which they insisted be illegal for animals.

People are crazy and times are indeed strange. <G>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Very well said !!

Back around 2000 I was just feeling generally wiped out. So I figured I'd make a simple office visit at the doctor. Found out my triglycerides were through the roof, doctor wanted to put me on medication. Asked how I got this way and was told too much of the wrong foods and not enough activity. I said wouldn't it be better to eat right and get more exercise? She said yes, but no one does that.

Had to learn what proper nutrition really was. Went back in three months for another blood test and was told I was a poster child, everything looked good. Even though it was a terrible three months, I lost a lot of weight and my energy level went through the roof. Since then I've learned what nutrition really is, how to eat right, eat as much as I want, still keep the energy level up, and really enjoy what I'm eating.

I just sort of eat throughout the day, don't really stop for lunch unless I'm on a install or something with others. For lunch I pack a couple of oranges already cut up (so I can eat while driving), mixed nuts, and I cook some greens fresh each morning. When those 12 or 15 hour days hit, I'm good all day long.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Name:  StaminaBreakfast.png
Views: 455
Size:  302.3 KB

Like Mikey said..................
    "Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Post Likes
    Protein Bars, Sweet Potato Chips, Mixed Nuts/Flavored Nuts. Very quick and easy, can eat while driving and simple to prepare.
    Have lots of water or ice water available throughout the day. I bring Xtend (BCAAs) instead of Gatorade for sodium replenishment.
    If I actually have time for a sit down meal, I usually have diner or homemade style food instead of the fast food.

Post Likes
    People insisted that laws be created to protect animals from that sort of abuse. But they then apparently have no problem killing themselves by the same methods which they insisted be illegal for animals.
    Yeah, I am routinely both amazed and appalled by what I see when doing service calls at convenience stores. It'll be the whole family, all totally obese, and each going for largest cup of soda, their fat arms full of processed food stuffs with a shelf life of infinity, and then all the candy piled on top of that. For breakfast.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast