+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DMS 3500 HyperTerminal

Post Likes

Confused DMS 3500 HyperTerminal

What am I doing wrong.....Have a Siebe DMS 3500 with a modem on the job....am dialing in from home....tried diff bauds and stuff, with auto detect and get through the handshake but "auto detect" never picks anything up.

1st time I ever used hyperTerminal on a DMS....something I am missing???? Something special to do like a certain keystroke with DMS???
    Last edited by bradysmill; 11-02-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    try robertshaw dms its more reliable
    This would be a great chance for the experts to chime in.OK

Post Likes
    I don't believe you can use hyperterminal to connect to the DMS controllers.
    Do you have the DMS operater interface program to dial up remote sites? When
    you use the OPI you have to enter a password.

Post Likes
    Robertshaw had the account and lost it....PC is on site and have no problem with the Operator Interface....There is an existing modem on site and is hooked to Port 1 of the main controller board (not sure of Robertshaw #s)
    Evidently they used to use it.....I am just thinking there may be something I am missing to connect with HyperTerminal, seeing as how Robertshaw stuff is never standard.

Post Likes
    Hyperterminal works.. I believe it is 7 E 1 @ 9600; "HI=170" to get you in.. I might be wrong here, its been over 10 years since I did it. This is just command mode. This old dos stuff can you copy the folder from the OWS and put it on your laptop?

Post Likes
    if your not trained on it you should not mess with it or else you might crash it

i use same modfem that i dial internet on

Post Likes
    You need DMS software. Our School district still has Robertshaw 350 a and 3500 control systems I will email you information on DMS 11.4.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EMPadvocate View Post
    Hyperterminal works.. I believe it is 7 E 1 @ 9600; "HI=170" to get you in.. I might be wrong here, its been over 10 years since I did it. This is just command mode. This old dos stuff can you copy the folder from the OWS and put it on your laptop?
    Cant get to the "HI=170" sign in.....I'm now thinking it MUST have to do with the Vonage line (VOIP) I am dialing in on.

I did not question that at first because I can connect with JCI stuff by using a lower baud rate---even 300 in some cases.(real slow though)

VOIP has problems with data speed differences, maybe the DMS doesn' do too well on the VOIP???

Chet- Thanks for the info, but connecting through HyperTerminal would have nothing to do with the DMS software version for the onsite PC use. HyperTerminal is used to DIAL into the site on a land line phone from a remote location. Newer DDC would connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop connection or a web browser.

Post Likes
    bradysmill
    Hyperteminal has never worked for me to access a DMS site. Thats why I sent you the information it has the communication software built into it to talk to the the DMS remote site. I also have had problems using DMS communication and hyperterminal using vonage it. If your going to use a modem than the old analog telephone line is the way to go. Vonage is digital and has difficulties emulating modem transmission.

Post Likes

DMS ACCESS REMOTELY

Hyperterminal will not work. You need Operator Interface and setup the communications in the OI software to the specs given in the previous post.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in