Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sealright hoses

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacguyfrmor View Post
    From my experience the newer low loss YJ hoses are terrible the older hoses would even hold a vacuum
    What's the date threshold for your claim? I just rebuilt my hoses that were from 2008 and another set from 2012 and both sets held a vacuum when I tested that. Didn't throw a micron gauge on them, but I did perform the ol' listen for the pump to change sounds trick. I don't use them for pulling a vacuum anyways.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Post Likes

33162 that's the zip

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET View Post
    Gene, please respond with your zip code and we'll see if there are any suppliers in your area who have the rebuild kits in stock. The part numbers can be found on this page - click on the UPC tab and page the bottom: www.yellowjacket.com/product/727.
    33162 that's the zip

Post Likes
    I have always used the seal-right adapter on a standard hi-side hose with good results, and I carry a spare. The most common failure is just the o-ring, and fortunately we have a local supplier that keeps them in 10-packs right next to the packs of regular hose gaskets.

Usually when the valve itself pukes I have found that the seal has just come unseated - pull it apart, shove everything back home, and it's good for another 100,000. I have put the rebuild kit in once or twice, though.

The biggest thing for me is that the valve never sees over 400 psi when going on or off - I'll bleed back through the low side as I'm pulling my high side hose off if I need to.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    I have always used the seal-right adapter on a standard hi-side hose with good results, and I carry a spare. The most common failure is just the o-ring, and fortunately we have a local supplier that keeps them in 10-packs right next to the packs of regular hose gaskets.

Usually when the valve itself pukes I have found that the seal has just come unseated - pull it apart, shove everything back home, and it's good for another 100,000. I have put the rebuild kit in once or twice, though.

The biggest thing for me is that the valve never sees over 400 psi when going on or off - I'll bleed back through the low side as I'm pulling my high side hose off if I need to.
    What are you working on that your hoses see 400psi? The discharge line of a 4 seer 410a unit?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    What are you working on that your hoses see 400psi? The discharge line of a 4 seer 410a unit?

No... 13 seer or better. 95 or 100 degrees outside in cooling, or a mild to warm day in heating...

Post Likes

Marketing Communications Manager

You should be able to purchase our SealRight rebuild kits at the following wholesalers in your area:

TROPIC SUPPLY
    SUNRISE FL 33323954/835-6010

1001 SAWGRASS CORPORATE PKWY

JOHNSTONE SUPPLY #36FT. LAUDERDALE FL 33309 954/971-9350
    5620 NW 12TH AVESTE 101
    Last edited by YELLOW JACKET; 05-12-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: add some text

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gene_kan View Post
    33162 that's the zip
    TROPIC SUPPLYSUNRISE FL 33323954/835-6010
    1001 SAWGRASS CORPORATE PKWY

JOHNSTONE SUPPLY #36FT. LAUDERDALE FL 33309 954/971-9350