Post Likes

Multiple NAE's on 1 subnet possible?

I am wondering if you can have multiple NAE buildings on 1 subnet.

What i am trying to do is bacnet to multiple nae's, i will assign bbmd to each of them and trying to go back to one single panel for me. What i am afraid of is that i will now link all these nae together through bbmd/bdt tables.

My question would be if i have multiple ones now therotically on the same subnet, that werent designed to talk to eachother, will this mess up the nae's and cause them to freak out.

Why i ask this is i am trying to get away with doing one panel on my side, opposed to installing a panel at every nae building.

Post Likes

What

Good-day

Questions?

For your multiple NAE's -> are they going to a ADS or are they standalone NAE's?

Next, are your field controllers going to a NAE using BACnet IP?

1) If your NAE's don't talk to each other, then that NAE is considered the Site Director. In this site, you enter the IP address of that BACnet controller. Then in the field controller you enter the site director IP for that BBMD. Then do a scan, and the BACnet device and points will appear.

2) If your NAE's are connected to a site director, then it doesn't matter which NAE you scan to find that BACnet device.

In short terms, it doesn't matter if your NAE's on the same subnet, as the BBMD will direct the BACnet device to that NAE. On the same note, the controller IP address you put in the NAE, will point to each other.

on a side note: BBMD are only used to jump across routers \ switches.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Post Likes
    These are standalone NAE's.

Ya I understand that BBMD lets you route traffic across routers/switches. So since i will be allowing the NAE's to now talk to eachother, will there be any problems since they are designed to be standalone?

Post Likes

Why

If you want the NAE's to talk to each other why are they standalone??