Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    We (my wife) bundled with Charter (insert your best one liner here) some time ago. Seems to be performing quite well. I should have taken pictures of what the kid did, but at the same time he showed up by himself and got it done. Kinda half a$$ed, borrowed a surge strip to make it work, left it on the cement basement floor not three feet from the main drain. Didn't hook up the surround systems as they should be (not within the scope and they're fairly complicated, up converting systems). But over all he got it working.

I'm not much better here at home as I simply picked up his surge strip/wall wort combo and hung it on a hanger next to my wife's bras...It's still hangin' there.

Post Likes
    Charter is a bunch of hacks. Almost all of their "underground" runs thru my yard, but as it turns out none of it is actually underground. This week they went to the "every TV has to have a box" deal so I swing in and get one for the bedroom tv. Hook it up, turn it on, and nothing. So they send a dude out and he had 11 calls just over them programming the boxes wrong earlier in the day. Wtf? Really?

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    This week they went to the "every TV has to have a box" deal...
    I have Comcast and they did the same thing.

I can't blame them. It's their wire to my house and they're losing money from people bailing out of cable TV.

However, I refuse to do it. I despise Comcast as it is, but don't have but one other option to get the internet. I already pay Comcast a hefty amount for their Broadband and 95% of my video is streaming. The local channels were incidental to my connection to their wire. They curtailed that the 25th and I WON'T be paying them more by renting a box just to get that handful of local channels.

Rabbit ears don't quite cut it for me, so I'm awaiting delivery of my OTA indoor antenna from Amazon as I type this. With that, I'll get most of those local channels back for free.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Charter is a bunch of hacks. Almost all of their "underground" runs thru my yard, but as it turns out none of it is actually underground. This week they went to the "every TV has to have a box" deal so I swing in and get one for the bedroom tv. Hook it up, turn it on, and nothing. So they send a dude out and he had 11 calls just over them programming the boxes wrong earlier in the day. Wtf? Really?
    Oh yeah...I love the orange wire they lay across the yard for weeks until someone comes behind and kind of slits the ground and kicks it under the flap.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    I have Comcast and they did the same thing.

I can't blame them. It's their wire to my house and they're losing money from people bailing out of cable TV.

However, I refuse to do it. I despise Comcast as it is, but don't have but one other option to get the internet. I already pay Comcast a hefty amount for their Broadband and 95% of my video is streaming. The local channels were incidental to my connection to their wire. They curtailed that the 25th and I WON'T be paying them more by renting a box just to get that handful of local channels.

Rabbit ears don't quite cut it for me, so I'm awaiting delivery of my OTA indoor antenna from Amazon as I type this. With that, I'll get most of those local channels back for free.
    I don't have a problem with them protecting their services. If that's what you were up to, they should have just said so. Instead they sell it as "we are offering 100% digital for your viewing pleasure", which I was fine watching it non-digital in the bedroom.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I take it they cut your wires too.
    Yes. We just got the internet a few years ago. I ran a bunch of cat5 cable to the computers, and at the same time I also ran new coax cable to the TV's.

We started having problems with one tv and we thought it was the converter box. I went to the office and got a new converter box, but the new one did not work at all.

So Charter sent a tech out, and he said all the cabling in the house was crap, and started cutting all of it and trying to run new cables. So now instead of just one TV not working, we had three TV's that didn't work, since he chopped up all the cables.

So, Charter sent another tech out. He said the converter boxes was probably the original problem and the first tech was stupid. He fixed everything the first guy chopped up, and he then put in another new converter box, and things started to work fine.

Post Likes
    I only use that method for finding breakers

Post Likes
    When we got DISH a few years back I was not home when the installer came out. I gave my wife specific instructions to not let the installer put anything on my roof. I just put a new slate roof on the house that cost as much as a nice compact car and did not want them up there shooting drywall screws through it to mount a ugly satellite. So he mounts it on a chincy pole right out in middle of nowhere in yard with wires run across the lawn. I came home and was actually not surprised. I pounded my own pole so it stuck out nicely from some of our bushes and mounted dish there and rewired. Most of those guys are subbed out boneheads, they dont even show up in company vehicles just there old beat up personal pickups or cars and there one of the largest satellite providers out there...

Post Likes
    I was getting ready to re roof when the wife ordered dish. He just climbed my ladder I left up in the back yard and lagged it to the roof. Now the contract is about up and to remove he can just cut the zip ties holding it to the sewer vent.
    Broadband and celular are all we need.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Post Likes
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local...rking/6193283/

Don't know if the adds rotate...but I clicked on the story and an ad for Charter played

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    back to morons cutting wires. this was told to me by a guy i work with and i believe him.

local cable company bundles a whole house package including internet capable thermostat. this oddball stat uses coax, not thermostat wiring..

ok, well my guy gets a call for no heat this winter(yeah cold as ***) he finds the "thermostat faulty"

customer calls cable company and they wont respond for a week.... the cable installer who ran the coax to the new thermostat figures there is no need for the original thermostat wiring and rips it all out!. absolutly no easy way to run new wiring all we could do is have a temparary stat the the furnace in the basement to get'm heat. could of just left the wiring in place
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    Must be one of the first things they teach 'em: Always rip out other companies existing wiring...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12