Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Mason... If you look at the structure of this Demo you will see a "Dealer" area.

This will be a secure area. Anyone that is a dealer for that particular manufacturer would need to be vetted. Some Manufacturers will not want a dealer area since some info is restricted. The vetting could be done in different ways but it would primarily fall on my shoulders to add the permissions to a Pro individually like I do now changing Guests to Pro Members or Pro Members to AOP* members. It's not that I mind. It's only a dozen or so a week but it adds up to a several thousand individuals since 2006.

Any Pro Member will have access to all MFC forums. Information in those areas shouldn't be restricted as it's easily located on the web today but I would like more. I would not only want HVAC info but Thermostat, Controls, Tools and all the equipment we work on in there as well.. It is limitless. Not all Manufacturers have the same ideas about giving good technical information to the guys in the field. If we can, I would like then to open up more and more over the years.

This is a Demo area. It's not set in stone. Each Manufacturer will have different needs. Suggestions of those needs to Manufacturers will make the door swing both ways. You guys keep sounding off what you want/need. They will act in kind. Without techs there would be no equipment. Without equipment there would be no techs. This must work in harmony... When it happens, I want it on HTalk.
    Sounds good.

I have no idea how complicated this would be but as far as getting service/installation manuals is there anyway htalk could develop an app with the manufacturers that linked in to the sites or their sites info for quick field access to the info.

For example your user name and password for htalk would open it up and then there would be a list of manufactures, clicking one would let's say, look like this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393681638.745246.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  153.2 KB

Post Likes
    That would be a very cool idea but let's crawl before we run.

The development of the MFC has taken awhile to get to this point. As it matures, and it will, smart phone apps may be obsolete and replaced with a chip in your brain.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    ...As it matures, and it will, smart phone apps may be obsolete and replaced with a chip in your brain.
    Does a chip on your shoulder count?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    X2???
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Does a chip on your shoulder count?

Post Likes
    Great idea, i) provides easy access to sometimes hard to put a finger on information--info is 'out there', but finding most recent iteration can be difficult, and ii) creates an environment where manufacturers wares and tech service are side-by-side, steers towards better wares and tech service.

Post Likes
    Ok, here's my two cents. Before I found this section I had posted in one of the other sections asking if anybody remembers a list that had been posted in the "pro" section a while ago (probably about 5 years ago). The list had quite a few manufactures listed with the phone numbers and their website address. If I'm not mistaken it also had a "universal" account login to a lot of the manufactures websites to access technical info.
    An example of what I'm talking about would be the information I received from Goodman at one of their classes that was held at a Johnstones Supply. They have a user name and password that they give all the techs in the field so they can access tons of information about all of the equipment , past and present. Fujitsu has a similar setup.
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish here and hope it comes together and is functional. I belong to another forum that deals with appliances and because of my background the site admin gave me full access to the library of technical literature (user manuals and parts diagrams with oem part numbers for my stackable washer and dryer). Long story short, haha, I was never able to access the information.
    This is insane when you're in the field or when you're at home and trying to locate parts to fix what your working on. I've spent days before when it should only take minutes.
    Anyway, thanks Dad for all the hard work you put into this site so we can have a place to go for knowledge.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Ok, thanks. You are awesome. Btw you can disregard the message I sent you regarding expired time to edit.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    It was the post I made here in ABC two posts ago, but you answered my question. Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon-dynomite View Post
    Ok, here's my two cents. Before I found this section I had posted in one of the other sections asking if anybody remembers a list that had been posted in the "pro" section a while ago (probably about 5 years ago). The list had quite a few manufactures listed with the phone numbers and their website address. If I'm not mistaken it also had a "universal" account login to a lot of the manufactures websites to access technical info.
    An example of what I'm talking about would be the information I received from Goodman at one of their classes that was held at a Johnstones Supply. They have a user name and password that they give all the techs in the field so they can access tons of information about all of the equipment , past and present. Fujitsu has a similar setup.
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish here and hope it comes together and is functional. I belong to another forum that deals with appliances and because of my background the site admin gave me full access to the library of technical literature (user manuals and parts diagrams with oem part numbers for my stackable washer and dryer). Long story short, haha, I was never able to access the information.
    This is insane when you're in the field or when you're at home and trying to locate parts to fix what your working on. I've spent days before when it should only take minutes.
    Anyway, thanks Dad for all the hard work you put into this site so we can have a place to go for knowledge.
    Not sure how to link to an old post, but it was this one. What an amateur

Post Likes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast