Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the secondary loop is tied in wrong? I thought the boiler loop is supposed to be the primary. I also don't like pro press or zone valves, but that's just personal preference.
    What's wrong with the propress and zone valves?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    What's wrong with the propress and zone valves?
    Propress makes the pipe slightly out of round and causes turbulence, which leads to leaks. I've seen a lot of it.
    I prefer to use pumps and check vales to zone. A pump is generally less expensive than a valve and I've found more reliable.
    Now I have used propress and zone valves, just don't anymore if I can make the decision.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
    Propress makes the pipe slightly out of round and causes turbulence, which leads to leaks. I've seen a lot of it.
    I prefer to use pumps and check vales to zone. A pump is generally less expensive than a valve and I've found more reliable.
    Now I have used propress and zone valves, just don't anymore if I can make the decision.
    Well I guess that's just a personal preference. I've never experienced anything like that with propress, as long as it's been properly preped and fitted. The company I work for did a 20 million dollar mechanical job about 4 years ago in all propress due to strict fire watch protocols. There were maybe about 5 leaks during the job and hasn't been one since.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Well I guess that's just a personal preference. I've never experienced anything like that with propress, as long as it's been properly preped and fitted. The company I work for did a 20 million dollar mechanical job about 4 years ago in all propress due to strict fire watch protocols. There were maybe about 5 leaks during the job and hasn't been one since.
    You did the job about 4 years ago? You'll feel the same way in about 3 years.

Post Likes
    I was on a ton of Navien installs in the past 5 years.we also used the fb38 reducing valve. I went back 5 times out of 30 or do with a 9 lb lock out

Post Likes
    I see propress on well and city water stuff running at much higher psi then boilers with no issue.

I would imagine the turbulence created by a propress fitting would be much less than the cavitation and turbulence caused by flo checks and circulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The only propress issues I have seen are installation errors. Such as fitting not seated correctly or it does not get a full crimp.

The future isn't what it used to be.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    [the only thing worse then training someone and having them leave is not training someone and having them stay]

good piping job however i agree the drain could have been better and the vent pipe should have been CPVC or Polypro,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by njbiker66 View Post
    Combi Boiler the two pipes are for Domestic hot water. These boilers are really nice and do a great job keeping up with both heat and hot water at the same time. Can't wait put mine in.
    I have a weird issue with mine.. Once the hot water side goes on the heating side immediately drops the supply temps down to the same as the hot water temp leaving the dhw side... I thought this was common with Naviens.. Any idea how to adjust this so it doesn't happen ?

Post Likes
    Where you have the primary / secondary H - could you have saved the two 90's by aligning the upper and low pairs of verticals?

Or is there a functional reason for the 90's to be there?

PHM
    ------

Navien Boiler install, not 100% done but pretty close. Attachment 468201
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    It's common with all these style boilers, they run off priority demand and DHW is always priority #1.

Post Likes
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416446378.354435.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  256.0 KB

Post Likes
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416446378.354435.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  256.0 KB
    Thanks ! I figured that was the usual but thought he mentioned something else...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast