Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

Navien Boiler install

Navien Boiler install, not 100% done but pretty close. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393163373.557746.jpg
Views: 17988
Size:  261.3 KB
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Primary pump built into the boiler?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Yes
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    Yes
    Looks good, looks good.

Only thing I suggest, is:
    http://www.caleffi.us/caleffi/en_US/....jsp/index.sdo

It doesn't actually matter, but when you go to change out that expansion tank, you'll thank yourself that you can isolate the tank from the system.

If something like that is expensive, hard to get, whatever, a ball valve works just the same. You just use less fittings with the caleffi valve.

I see 2 pipes sticking up on the right, coming off the bottom of the boiler.

I assume thats for an indirect? If so, cool stuff.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Combi Boiler the two pipes are for Domestic hot water. These boilers are really nice and do a great job keeping up with both heat and hot water at the same time. Can't wait put mine in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    Navien Boiler install, not 100% done but pretty close. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393163373.557746.jpg
Views: 17988
Size:  261.3 KB
    I don't see where you are draining the condensate, other wise looks very good nice and clean

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I don't see where you are draining the condensate, other wise looks very good nice and clean
    Yea here's the finished product. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393782561.590824.jpg
Views: 5242
Size:  212.3 KB

Post Likes
    Need neutralizer on condensate. Also better to pipe feed into navien provision for it on the right side. Automatically shuts off feed if boiler feeds for more than 7 minutes. Technically don't need the pressure reducing valve but we use them too.

We usually dump condensate thru neutralizer and then into pump and send it away.

Post Likes
    I'd also look into the webstone ISO kits or the navien manifold makes piping and servicing them way simpler.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393783203.770169.jpg
Views: 4450
Size:  228.6 KB

Post Likes

Navien Boiler install

O
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    I'd also look into the webstone ISO kits or the navien manifold makes piping and servicing them way simpler.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393783203.770169.jpg
Views: 4450
Size:  228.6 KB
    I've used the the navien header beside, not really a fan of it plus it didn't really fit this application.

Post Likes
    Nice work anyways pro press looks slick.

Post Likes
    Only thing I don't like is that drain

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast