Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    When the button on the micro switch is allowed to "pop" out is the beginning of the harvest cycle, when the cam advances and pushes it up is the start of the cycle. It should stop at that point for about 20 minute up to 25 minutes before it moves.

Post Likes
    Probably low on water Atlanta doesnt have much right now. Will pray for rain.

Post Likes
    Probably low on water, Atlanta doesnt have much right now. Will pray for rain

Post Likes

Fixed! I'm chillin' now!

It was the timer all along. You guys are the best. I threw the dice and bought/replaced the timer myself, rather than haul the entire unit back to the shop and let them try and figure out it wasn't the pump after all. I'm not going to fight with them over the pump, as I'm sure after 7 years it was past its prime (pardon the pun). Anyway, it still amazes me the old timer was "working" (system was making ice) but was still "broken" enough to cause the machine to not fill the bin.

But that's in the past:

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Way to go! It is usually worth it when you can fix em yourself Now turn it off before you make the news with that drought.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    5 pages later and its the timer...sounds familiar.

Glad you got it fixed.

Good luck with a good product.

You explain your symptoms very well, if she toss's you another problem post away.

Post Likes

DC33 Scotsman Overfilling

Gents: I’ve been reading this these and very impressed. I have a DC33 that is 30 years old that I am troubleshooting. It had a pump that was leaking. I have since removed and will us gravity.

Then the bin wasn’t filling, turns out the solenoid wasn’t getting power so I rewired the hot wires that went to the pump into the solenoid and it’s now providing water into the machine, but it’s overfilling the reservoir dumping about a gallon of water each time. What is tells the machine to shut off power to the solenoid to stop pumping water into the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by idontgetit View Post
    5 pages later and its the timer...sounds familiar.

Glad you got it fixed.

Good luck with a good product.

You explain your symptoms very well, if she toss's you another problem post away.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wpcravens View Post
    Gents: I’ve been reading this these and very impressed. I have a DC33 that is 30 years old that I am troubleshooting. It had a pump that was leaking. I have since removed and will us gravity.

Then the bin wasn’t filling, turns out the solenoid wasn’t getting power so I rewired the hot wires that went to the pump into the solenoid and it’s now providing water into the machine, but it’s overfilling the reservoir dumping about a gallon of water each time. What is tells the machine to shut off power to the solenoid to stop pumping water into the machine?
    You don’t know how ice makers work do you.

That manual is still available. Get it
    Read it
    Understand it.

You may want to get a commercial refrigeration tech to look at it.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by idontgetit View Post
    Changed my mind, I guess I will go right ahead and make you look just as stupid as you chose to be, for the life of me I have no idea why you did this but here goes!

You go to yackin about performance and compare different size CAPACITY machines, are you really that dim? At no point has anyone ever suggested that a 30lb machine will spit more ice out in a day than a 50 pound machine, you really look stupid trying to pretend that you know.

Now lets look at your 50 pounder, good lookin unit, not made by Manitowoc, but made in china, first glance kinda gives you a so what, but just because they NAMED it an SM machine does NOT mean it carries the SM warranty, in fact, Manitowoc had it in BOLD TYPE no warranty for household use in the warranty it came with, the distributer gave me a copy. That MAY have changed, I doubt it.

The QM 60 would be similar to the CSe 60 scotty the hoshi am series have a 2 year warranty, no five year on comp and they also offer no household use warranty.

Since you seemed to have struggled significantly, before you go back and re-read the thread, performance=reliability in the discussion.

You seem to have taken the position that I am "defending" Scotsman and you have all along, this is not the case at all without regard to your comments about me being a scotsman dealer, it never played into it at all.

I wanted to prevent the OP from taking BAD ADVICE because he seemed like a nice guy, following that when you started yappin your trap, I shifted gears into make em look as stupid as they want to look and I think you are really trying hard sir.

I guess I should have just posted that a CME1356r puts out about 1200 lbs per day eh?

Lay down pup, you ain't ready to run with the big dogs yet. I get the distinct feeling it is quite possible you are very bright, a good tech, a nice person and odds are that I was busting my knuckles on these things while you were still sporting pampers, perhaps not even born yet.

It ain't personal, like you said, I am just cranky and some pup nippin at my heals entertains me just enough to play with em a bit.
    There is no QM60
    Like a Scotsman "60"

If they did it would make twice as much ice since the model number references Kg's and not Lbs

A Mani "30" would be compared to a Scotsman "60"

Post Likes
    Wpcravens;don't worry about the float valve.Just stand there 24/7 with a water hose.Add water as needed to keep the reservoir full!!!!You are ruining your ice machine!!!Don't rewire the machine.There is a Sequence to how that machine works and makes ice.All parts don't stay energized all the time.Call a good service tech,or buy a new ice machine.It takes years ,for good refrigeration techs to learn how to fix ice machines!!!!

Post Likes
    Do we have ice yet ?

Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/rog8ou-ZepE

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not sure what all your chatter is about, no need to rewire you just needed a new water valve.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast