Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Thank you all for your replies. I haven't responded in a few days due to high customer load and dealing with other malfunctions (not related to this cabinet). I have tried everything here and lots of things that are not before we finally decided to evacuate the system. I'll be changing drier cores as well while it's empty. I'll post again when we do this as we figure out exactly what's going on.

Post Likes
    Hello all, from what I’ve made of this thread, the discharge pressure takes seconds to trip the HP. And without a restriction in the discharge line that could cause this, i’d Suggest checking the valves on the valve plate ( especially if no check valves are in the discharge line), it might be bleeding refrigerant back from the condenser whilst not running and forming as liquid in the cylinder. Then at start up it’s compressing liquid refrigerant which will give an immediate and massive increase in discharge pressure, I’ve seen a compressor blow the head completely off because of a faulty HP In this scenario. Hope this helps

Post Likes
    I should have updated a long time ago... we found the cause to be blown seals inside of the chiller barrel allowing gases from one compressor to enter another. We decided the best course of action was to replace the entire unit with a more efficient 100 tonn dual-screw compressor unit and haven't had any issues since.

The company that originally installed the unit did not calculate head and just stuck a HUGE pump on the brine system, which was flowing at almost double the maximum rated capacity for the chiller barrel.

Post Likes
    holy crap, and then one gets updated after 5 years!

Post Likes
    after a New Guest resurrected it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123