Post Likes

heat shrink wire markers.

Something I've been kicking around for awhile.

I'm looking for a way to make up wire number markers in heat shrink. As many would know, in the HVAC/R world, this would be a valuable tool to have. And I also have a home project to clean up the wiring on my Boss Hoss V8 motorcycle… although many of those wires were stamped on from factory… they've been trimmed back for other work related situations, or I just want to re-route them to clean up a rat's nest under the gas tank.

I've hear of portable hand held heat shrink label makers… but as we know that in most applications with boilers, and condensing units… the wires get oily enough to not allow the standard sticky wire markers to remain where we want them.

Does anyone use one of these devices? Are you happy with the results? Can we get the wire marker heat shrink small enough to fit 18 gage control wires? If so… where to purchase said marvel, and what kind of coin did you pay for one?

Thanks in advance! Ric
    Pro-tech heating and a/c.

Post Likes
    I have used several of the different kinds of shrinkable tubing for wire numbers... Raychem is one of the big ones but its a commercial system that costs thousands... there are several rather inexpensive systems and I have a couple of them... You can get a good idea at your local electrical supply... there are all sizes of heat shrink and even different colors too.... Ideal makes a pretty good low volume tag machine. Hope this helps...
    For the Government to Give Something to you - THEY HAVE TO TAKE IT WAY FROM SOMEONE ELSE FIRST...

Post Likes
    I've used the Brother TZ Wire marking tapes and clear shrink tubing over that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I've used the Brother TZ Wire marking tapes and clear shrink tubing over that.
    Idea stolen.

I labeled a pile of cables in a rack control cabinet last winter with a TZ labeler and they are all peeling off, now. The shrinkwrap is what I needed.

thank you