Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    No but this TXV problem has been known for a while, I wonder if copeland would approve this additive before the TXV mess. they should pay for all the repairs contractors and owners have had to cover!!

Post Likes
    So if they put in this additive, is there any way for me to definitively tell that the problem is completely fixed and working at 100%? Or should they replace the TXV anyway?

Post Likes
    You would think the drier would catch the junk,to me, putting in more stuff, that should not be needed in a normal system to try to get rid of this junk is wrong. The stuff is still in the system along with the magic fix,what is the long term results? Are they going to warranty anything down the road?

Post Likes
    I would assume that the standard 5 year warranty still applies, and since this unit is about 3 months old, that's a good amount of time to try it out. The tech was at my house for an hour last night after he put in the additive to see if it was working. He didn't see an immediate improvement, but he wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take for it to take effect. I do think that it is working better though for now. They're going to wait the week for the part to come in, at which point he'll check the pressures again to see if the fix worked. And if it's not perfect, then they'll just put the new valve in.

He did say it was unusual to see this problem in a water to air unit. He's seen it not too infrequently on water to water units. But this is the first time the factory told him to try this additive, all times prior he just replaced the valve.

Post Likes
    I got about 3 weeks on the additive, and had to go back and replace txv

Post Likes
    Well it has been about a month and a half so far, and the additive does seem to be working. I'll be keeping an eye on it and will post back if it goes bad again.

Post Likes
    Ordinarily the additive would void the warranty. I wonder what the long terms effects are going to be.

Post Likes
    Climate Master had a issue around that time....with close ~ 200 units installed we have found 40-50% failure rate. when you cut out the TX valve you will find the screen in the TX loaded with a black soot. Similar to what you will find when not flushing copper with nitrogen during the brazing process. Factory like most manufactures will NOT reveal or admit an issue!

this became such a nightmare for my company we walked away from this brand,

I have sold and serviced Geothermal for over 30 years and close to 600 installed....thankfull not all Climatemasters

our solution for the repair when we find another unit like this...cut out tx valve and filter drier after reclaiming the refrigerant...I repeat..... cut it out only- then you find the soot that is blocking the system.

Replace filter drier and tx valve ...make sure your purge with nitrogen during the brazing process, evacuate, weigh in new refrigerant and run test. This will resolve the problem...

our experience shows this may happen within a month after install/ start up and as long as 5-6 years later

good luck
    Attitude is the difference between and ordeal or adventure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12