+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ecm motors can the motor its self be replaced?

Post Likes

ecm motors can the motor its self be replaced?

I have a Climatemaster geothermal unit that I am trying to learn about,if all numbers are the same are the same volts, amps, rotation, hertz and rpm can you just replace the motor its self what if the rpm was 1350 instead of 1050, I was told by a local dealer that it was 2 weeks away,but a new motor is on ebay for 300 dollars and 2 days away and the one with 1350 rpm is local all other specs are the same all ge motors, I am an auto mechanic by trade a a motor is a motor and controlled by a resister changing the ground,I guess what I am asking is the motor a motor and all the controls are in the module its self. Also are they a carrier product now thanks for letting me in and asking questions

Post Likes
    Yes a motor is a Motor, all programming is in the module. If still get OEM though but in the meantime install a standard psc motor to get it going if its not a communicating set up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in