+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum ratings

Post Likes

Confused Vacuum ratings

Does Yellow Jacket have any published vacuum ratings on their hoses, valves, etc.?

JGG

Post Likes
    I don't think so, appion hoses, vcrts and their evacuation manifold are the only ones rated to 20 microns I think. I use YJ hoses and 1 of my vcrt's is YJ and have no problems pulling down to 4-500microns or less and holding. Nylog is your friend when it comes to evacuations.

Post Likes
    Yes, I agree about using Nylog. We use it around our shop so much that it has become a verb....we just "nylog that seal". :-)
    I had my wholesaler call about the NRP hoses, and they were told that they are rated at 50 microns. I have been having some trouble with a new YJ tree (1/2 x 3/8 x 3/8) that connects to my pump. I don't trust the YJ device or the hoses and would like to have some reassurance before I swap them for something else. $$
    I don't have a lot of confidence in my results when I can't trust my equipment.

JGG

Post Likes
    Best way is appion vcrts on each service valve with micron guage connected to one of them using a 1/4x1/4 coupling, 3/8 or 1/2 hoses direct to the pump. I used a flared tee on my robinair-1/2x3/8x3/8, now I use a YJ bullet and it comes standard with 1/4x3/8x3/8 connections on the pump.

Post Likes
    I agree with that, it's just that my Best Tech pump has a 1/2" port on it that I am connecting to. I will have to go to the supply house and get something more faithful like the tee you are talking about. Thanks for the input.

Post Likes
    I think hvac5646 called Yellow Jacket on the phone on time and asked about the micron ratings on their manifolds, and they said the manifolds where good to 50 microns or better.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....-GASKETS/page3

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JaaGeeGee View Post
    Yes, I agree about using Nylog. We use it around our shop so much that it has become a verb....we just "nylog that seal". :-)
    I had my wholesaler call about the NRP hoses, and they were told that they are rated at 50 microns. I have been having some trouble with a new YJ tree (1/2 x 3/8 x 3/8) that connects to my pump. I don't trust the YJ device or the hoses and would like to have some reassurance before I swap them for something else. $$
    I don't have a lot of confidence in my results when I can't trust my equipment.

JGG
    Do you have a setup similar to what I have in the picture. I have a vacuum tree that connects to the 1/2" fitting on my pump.

Name:  pump.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  45.3 KB

Post Likes
    can't beat 3/8 copper line for a vac forget the manifold doesn't take much to weld up a decent setup. pays for it self when you have to vac out decent size unit. nothing worse than coming back to a 24 hour vac and find you've gotten no where. rubber holds under pressure but doesnt always do the same under vac so it can make it hard to find where your leaks are even when pressurized.

Post Likes
    Yes, it is about like that and made by YJ and has a shutoff on the 1/2" side. I ran some tests on it the other night, and it appears to be leaking off, maybe through the shutoff valve stem. I have had so much trouble with their products leaking that I don't trust them anymore. I plan to visit the local supply house and look for something better. I don't need the Megaflow apparatus, just a good quality shutoff with a 1/2 x 3/8 x 3/8 tee. I am sure I will find something suitable. My pump doesn't have a blank off valve, so I want a shutoff on the tree. Thanks for the help.....

JGG

Post Likes
    ok not to change the subject or get jumped on,but wich nylon do you use for vacumming? i never used the stuf EVER, all appion hoses,pumps,recovery machines etc...im worried of it 'gumming' up to much at the fittings,possibly clogging my Bluvac? dont kill me, just how do i use it and how often? i think i saw a red and blue bottle,excuse my ignorance, but the supply houses know me well, so i never inquired as to not sound like a NOOB. thanks in advane,sorry for the thread hijack,pm'n me would be just fine,thanks guys

Post Likes

Post Likes
    IS it something you apply every vacuum/recover job? or is it a PITA to peel it off after every job?

Post Likes
    No it stays there pretty well, it doesn't peel off it's more like a mixture of oil and silicone but never hardens for lack of a better description. The blue is fully miscible with all refer oils so that's what I use. Just reapply as it wears off, a small bottle will last a loooong time.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    Here is what I use, in the blue labeled bottled. I also keep flare plugs in my hose ends when not in use to avoid attracting dirt/debris. There has never been any "gumming-up" of my tools or equipment since I started using this product over a year ago. Our whole service department uses and loves it. Anytime you have a whole team that is in agreement about a tool or product, it is a good indication that it is GOOD!
    Watch the video for more details about it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAULf...CivDA&index=17

Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    ok not to change the subject or get jumped on,but wich nylon do you use for vacumming? i never used the stuf EVER, all appion hoses,pumps,recovery machines etc...im worried of it 'gumming' up to much at the fittings,possibly clogging my Bluvac? dont kill me, just how do i use it and how often? i think i saw a red and blue bottle,excuse my ignorance, but the supply houses know me well, so i never inquired as to not sound like a NOOB. thanks in advane,sorry for the thread hijack,pm'n me would be just fine,thanks guys

Post Likes
    Remember that the red nylog is EXTREMELY thick, sticky and gluey.

The blue is really a better, easier to apply material. I don't care for nylog red. Tossed a bottle before I was halfway through it because it was too difficult to use compared to the blue.

Post Likes
    And the blue will work with any oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Remember that the red nylog is EXTREMELY thick, sticky and gluey.

The blue is really a better, easier to apply material. I don't care for nylog red. Tossed a bottle before I was halfway through it because it was too difficult to use compared to the blue.

Post Likes
    Yes. Go to www.yellowjacket.com and enter the part number for which you would like to see the ratings (or go to the product section and click on product). You will find a "ratings" bullet in the "features" section.

Post Likes
    thanks guys,purchased!!!

Post Likes
    YELJAC, I see ratings but not for vacuum. Only working pressures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We don't currently carry a rating like that on any of our products because a standardized test doesn't exist. There are a lot of details that would affect the rating.

For example, is the rating determined while a running vacuum pump is connected to the product? If so, what kind of vacuum pump, and how long is it allowed to run?

Or... is the rating determined after the vacuum pump is isolated from the product? If so, how long should the product be isolated?

Rest assured, our products perform well under deep vacuum. We have been building vacuum pumps and related products for over 27 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in