Post Likes

Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump - Condenser Fan Motor Replacement

Name:  485A3957_modded.jpg
Views: 18199
Size:  87.2 KB

I am trying to replace a fan motor on a Trane XE 1200 heat pump condenser. It decided to wait until I was laid off from my job to break on me, so I really can not afford to have someone come out and do it for me. I usually repair things on my own when they break in my house, so I am very familiar with DIY. However, I have never had to replace a fan motor on my AC system before. The only part I'm not sure about is the wiring. The new motor has 4 wires. The wiring diagram shows to put the brown and brown/white to the capacitor. And to put the white wire and black wire to LINE.

However, my system does not have any type of schematic\wiring diagram. I have attached a picture of the wiring in hopes that someone could help shed some light on where to connect the wires for the new fan motor. The old motor was a 3 wire system, this new one is 4. I labeled different parts with letters to make it easier to identify\discuss parts if that helps. "A" is the capacitor. I'm not even sure what "D" is. Another capacitor? If so, what for? "C" is the defrost board and "B" is the contactor. "E" looks to be a relay, but I'm not sure what that is for either.

By looking at the picture, does could anyone shed some light as to how this thing is wired and where to wire the fan motor connections to? I've been running on AUX heat and it's making my electric bill jump, as was expected. I don't have the cash to have someone come out so I have no choice but to do it myself. I just need a bit of guidance on this part.

EDIT: Here's a high resolution version of the picture: http://i.imgur.com/epPkpgm.png

Thanks!

-Chris-

Post Likes
    sorry though this is not allowed on this site NO D Y I FOR SAFTY SAKE

Post Likes
    Its best to get a new capacitor for the motor only and not use the dual run cap for the new motor,after you finish the motor clean the condenser coil !
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    I see your motor problem. You have a wire disconnected.

The future isn't what it use to be.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Maybe call your local Trane dealer and get a wiring diagram for your unit?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by cpmusick View Post
    Name:  485A3957_modded.jpg
Views: 18199
Size:  87.2 KB

I am trying to replace a fan motor on a Trane XE 1200 heat pump condenser. It decided to wait until I was laid off from my job to break on me, so I really can not afford to have someone come out and do it for me. I usually repair things on my own when they break in my house, so I am very familiar with DIY. However, I have never had to replace a fan motor on my AC system before. The only part I'm not sure about is the wiring. The new motor has 4 wires. The wiring diagram shows to put the brown and brown/white to the capacitor. And to put the white wire and black wire to LINE.

However, my system does not have any type of schematic\wiring diagram. I have attached a picture of the wiring in hopes that someone could help shed some light on where to connect the wires for the new fan motor. The old motor was a 3 wire system, this new one is 4. I labeled different parts with letters to make it easier to identify\discuss parts if that helps. "A" is the capacitor. I'm not even sure what "D" is. Another capacitor? If so, what for? "C" is the defrost board and "B" is the contactor. "E" looks to be a relay, but I'm not sure what that is for either.

By looking at the picture, does could anyone shed some light as to how this thing is wired and where to wire the fan motor connections to? I've been running on AUX heat and it's making my electric bill jump, as was expected. I don't have the cash to have someone come out so I have no choice but to do it myself. I just need a bit of guidance on this part.

EDIT: Here's a high resolution version of the picture: http://i.imgur.com/epPkpgm.png

Thanks!

-Chris-
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.