+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YELLOW JACKET Quick Tip: The Importance of Vacuum Pump Oil

Post Likes

YELLOW JACKET Quick Tip: The Importance of Vacuum Pump Oil

Want to maximize performance and increase the life of your vacuum pump? Start with the proper vacuum pump oil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL30bZiI9JI

Post Likes
    I have a 8cfm super evac and a 7cfm bullet. Any problem with using Refco Oil if yellowjacket oil is not available?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not all oils have the physical and chemical properties required to give you the level of performance you want and need from your vacuum pump. YELLOW JACKET vacuum pump oil is specially formulated in the US and has been tested against strict engineering-driven performance metrics in SuperEvac and BULLET vacuum pumps until it’s met all specifications. The oil is made up of highly refined components that have a unique combination of low vapor pressure and moisture content, together with a high boiling point and oxidation stability level. In other words, it enables the pump to pull a much deeper vacuum than most other vacuum pump oils while lubricating your pump and absorbing contaminants including moisture. Thismeans that your pump will perform better and more efficiently, even after the pump gets hot

Post Likes
    That a weird statement.
    Wouldn't you want a vacuum pump oil to be resistant to absorbing contaminants?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    That a weird statement.
    Wouldn't you want a vacuum pump oil to be resistant to absorbing contaminants?
    Nope! That's part of its job to hold contaminants so when you change the oil, they come with it.
    Bill

Post Likes
    I understand that the properties of the oil are critical to achieving a deep vacuum and the longevity of the equipment. But can I use Refco oil or do I need to put a job on hold for the several days min that it take to get YJ oil here ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Nope! That's part of its job to hold contaminants so when you change the oil, they come with it.
    You would rather have the oil get contaminated than the contamination blow out the exhaust of your pump?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan8881 View Post
    I understand that the properties of the oil are critical to achieving a deep vacuum and the longevity of the equipment. But can I use Refco oil or do I need to put a job on hold for the several days min that it take to get YJ oil here ?

I wouldn't hesitate using their oil for one job

Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    It won't hurt your YELLOW JACKET vacuum pump to use another oil....we just can't speak to the performance you'll achieve with that oil.

Post Likes
    Awesome that's what I needed to know thanks YJ. Figured as much just thought I'd check .

Post Likes
    Do you have recommendation's for cleaning hoses\manifold contaminated with Vacuum pump oil ? Is a flush with Denatured ethanol sufficient? Would it harm the hoses or the manifold ?

Post Likes
    We recommend using a flushing solvent like you would use to flush out a line set.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You would rather have the oil get contaminated than the contamination blow out the exhaust of your pump?
    Just like oil in your vehicle, that's why you change it because of what it catches.
    Bill

Post Likes
    You don't want your car oil to catch crap either. That's what air and oil filters are for.
    A cold trap before your pump would act as a air filter on a car.

Yes vacuum pump oil does catch crap but a "better" oil will catch less crap and retain a lower vapor pressure.
    When vacuum pump catches crap it's vapor pressure increases and affects your ultimate vacuum.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in