Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Likes
    Clearly the paint thinner did it's job and thinned the paint on top of the compressor, making it bubble. Causing the appearance of shell inflation. It's all an optical illusion.

Paint thinner couldn't possibly work because it's not labeled for use in HVAC equipment. Otherwise it would be labeled "HVAC Thinner". Maybe even "flush" by a cocksure marketing company.

That's how everybody KNOWS it caused a catastrophic failure.

It's like when you hear Willie Nelson gets arrested, everyone automatically assumes it's for possession of pot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    But "a paint thinner explosion" is completely inconsistent with the facts as presented.

After the paint thinner was used for flushing the system (the not compressor) - the system and compressor were evacuated to well below the flash point of paint thinner, charged with refrigerant, and then operated - with the compressor pumping refrigerant. After some period of that operation the refrigerant was removed, the compressor removed from the system, and operated repeatedly pumping air against a closed suction port.

You conclusion is inconsistent with the above. How could paint thinner have survived the above process and then only afterwards caused an explosion?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Clearly the paint thinner did it's job and thinned the paint on top of the compressor, making it bubble. Causing the appearance of shell inflation. It's all an optical illusion.

Paint thinner couldn't possibly work because it's not labeled for use in HVAC equipment. Otherwise it would be labeled "HVAC Thinner". Maybe even "flush" by a cocksure marketing company.

That's how everybody KNOWS it caused a catastrophic failure.

It's like when you hear Willie Nelson gets arrested, everyone automatically assumes it's for possession of pot.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I forgot to add my <g> at the end of my monologue.

I'm with you on the paint thinner.

Post Likes
    so soory forbeing late anweer
    from now i will never use paint htinner for flushing the system
    iw ill use only R11 REFRIGERANT
    WHICH IS 30 lbs =115 DOLLAR

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    My only explanation is the protection provided to you by a gracious and benevolent God. I would fully expect the terminals or the discharge line to blow out before the compressor shell distorted.

PHM
    -------
    U R RIGHT
    ITS THE protectection of gracious Allah

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678