Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Compressor upper cover inflation !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    This is one of those "one in a million" things! Like the time i cut a LLFD out of a system. Put it to my lips, blew and it becomes a fire ball! I guess the oil ignited from the little bit of oxygen i exhaled!
    You put a filter drier to your lips?

Gross.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    You put a filter drier to your lips?

Gross.

Yeah, i like to see if they were clogged.

Post Likes
    Yeah, i like to see if they were clogged.
    Okay, and I'm not questioning your methods (just judging them not so silently), and I'm sure it costs more to do it this way, but couldn't you cut the outgoing side off first, then shoot some nitrogen through the liquid line service valve?

Post Likes
    This is one of those "one in a million" things! Like the time i cut a LLFD out of a system. Put it to my lips, blew and it becomes a fire ball! I guess the oil ignited from the little bit of oxygen i exhaled!
    Heh, I've done that before. I use my hand kinda like a coupling. Wash hand and blow through fist.

Post Likes
    Okay, and I'm not questioning your methods (just judging them not so silently), and I'm sure it costs more to do it this way, but couldn't you cut the outgoing side off first, then shoot some nitrogen through the liquid line service valve?

What is that going to do? I'm looking for resistance! Also i would rather blow through some copper than wash my hands in a public restroom only to grab the nasty door handle on the way out!

Post Likes
    What is that going to do? I'm looking for resistance! Also i would rather blow through some copper than wash my hands in a public restroom only to grab the nasty door handle on the way out!
    Okay, your selective germaphobia wins this argument.

Do you blow into new, known unblocked filter driers to compare resistance?

How do you determine if you have a blocked cap tube for that matter?

I'm just yankin' your chain at this point, ignore me.

Post Likes
    I've tryed to reply to this crrrrazy topic with nada luck sooo good luck blowing filters ..ps don't hurt yourself

- - - Updated - - -

ahhh oh now it works

Post Likes
    PLEASE no more paint thinner!!! I pooped from laughing.. compressor flash-expand and went out.. acid in system react w/paint thinner...your lucky.. cover inflate due to path of least resestance .. try denatured alcohol flush

Post Likes
    Okay, your selective germaphobia wins this argument.

Do you blow into new, known unblocked filter driers to compare resistance?

How do you determine if you have a blocked cap tube for that matter?

I'm just yankin' your chain at this point, ignore me.

An unblocked LLFD is like blowing through a straight piece of pipe. No resistance at all! Try it sometime! Just be careful of the flash fire!
    !

Post Likes
    I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around paint thinner, wow... That's the beginning of a soon to be dead compressor.. I know desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes but properly addressing a burnout compressor can never be replaced with paint thinner.. Just saying

Post Likes
    And you know this . . . how?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamJRowley View Post
    I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around paint thinner, wow... That's the beginning of a soon to be dead compressor.. I know desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes but properly addressing a burnout compressor can never be replaced with paint thinner.. Just saying
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Clearly the paint thinner did it's job and thinned the paint on top of the compressor, making it bubble. Causing the appearance of shell inflation. It's all an optical illusion.

Paint thinner couldn't possibly work because it's not labeled for use in HVAC equipment. Otherwise it would be labeled "HVAC Thinner". Maybe even "flush" by a cocksure marketing company.

That's how everybody KNOWS it caused a catastrophic failure.

It's like when you hear Willie Nelson gets arrested, everyone automatically assumes it's for possession of pot.

Post Likes
    But "a paint thinner explosion" is completely inconsistent with the facts as presented.

After the paint thinner was used for flushing the system (the not compressor) - the system and compressor were evacuated to well below the flash point of paint thinner, charged with refrigerant, and then operated - with the compressor pumping refrigerant. After some period of that operation the refrigerant was removed, the compressor removed from the system, and operated repeatedly pumping air against a closed suction port.

You conclusion is inconsistent with the above. How could paint thinner have survived the above process and then only afterwards caused an explosion?

PHM
    ------

Clearly the paint thinner did it's job and thinned the paint on top of the compressor, making it bubble. Causing the appearance of shell inflation. It's all an optical illusion.

Paint thinner couldn't possibly work because it's not labeled for use in HVAC equipment. Otherwise it would be labeled "HVAC Thinner". Maybe even "flush" by a cocksure marketing company.

That's how everybody KNOWS it caused a catastrophic failure.

It's like when you hear Willie Nelson gets arrested, everyone automatically assumes it's for possession of pot.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I forgot to add my <g> at the end of my monologue.

I'm with you on the paint thinner.

Post Likes
    so soory forbeing late anweer
    from now i will never use paint htinner for flushing the system
    iw ill use only R11 REFRIGERANT
    WHICH IS 30 lbs =115 DOLLAR

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    My only explanation is the protection provided to you by a gracious and benevolent God. I would fully expect the terminals or the discharge line to blow out before the compressor shell distorted.

PHM
    -------
    U R RIGHT
    ITS THE protectection of gracious Allah

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345