Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Your head must really hurt by now, seeing as you've been hammering the same point home for 350 or posts. I admire your perseverance in the presence of such ... obtuseness.

A point of interest for everyone involved is chaos theory.
    It's formal discovery was made by using trying to solve the problem of weather prediction.
    It seems as if scientists are trying to predict future climate by measuring snapshots of current weather.
    A basic tenet of chaos theory says a small deviation in initial conditions, can dramatically affect the outcome.

This is a pretty solid leg for CC deniers to stand on. Especially since no normal person has access to a supercomputer and all the raw data that's been processed to create these models.
    good post.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Even your edit is incorrect.

I don't view the progressive movement as "suspicious" I view it as irrational and illogical. Both of which are accurate descriptions of progressives.

As far as "lumping" well, I do lump politicians in with turds and other undesirable things, so I suppose that I may be guilty of that.
    I fixed that for you
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Even your edit is incorrect.

I don't view the progressive movement as "suspicious" I view it as irrational and illogical. Both of which are accurate descriptions of progressives.

As far as "lumping" well, I do lump politicians in with turds and other undesirable things, so I suppose that I may be guilty of that.
    Brian8383
    I fixed that for you
    Brian, allow me to fix your post sir.

A more precise term to describe Progressive's new religion is watermelon. A watermelon is a fruit having a thin veneer of green disguising their solid heart of RED!

Post Likes
    Well after 22 years in Alaska I found the rock method for weather forecasting was the most accurate... practically every house had one.... you tie a sort of small rock on a string... In the morning you looked at it... if the rock was warm and dry the weather was sunny and warm... if the rock was wet and swinging around.. the weather was raining and windy... if the rock had ice on it -- well it was cold and frozen... If the rock was gone and your house was still standing there was a wind storm... and if the rock was gone and your house was not standing there had been an earthquake... It is a simple system... and 100% reliable ....
    For the Government to Give Something to you - THEY HAVE TO TAKE IT WAY FROM SOMEONE ELSE FIRST...

Post Likes
    an inconvenient Al Gore

It’s fortunate that the Gores aren’t having to wait for Al’s social security to kick in, for none of this comes cheap. Their average monthly electric bill is $1,359. Their natural gas bill runs them an additional $1,080. That’s about $30,000 a year, and that doesn’t take into account their other dwellings!

For those of you who missed it, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research released a statement declaring that, according to the Nashville Electric Service, Gore’s 20-room, eight-bathroom, mansion devoured nearly 221,000 kWh last year. In one month alone in 2006, the Gores consumed almost 23,000 kWh, burning up more electricity in August than the typical American family uses in an entire year. My friend Pat Sajak attributes most of that to the little light in Al’s refrigerator.

typical democrat, "do as I say, not as I do"
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    when you finally are able to move out of the gulag, aka new York, consider the north GA. mountains, if think you would make a great neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    an inconvenient Al Gore

typical democrat, "do as I say, not as I do"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj001 View Post
    when you finally are able to move out of the gulag, aka new York, consider the north GA. mountains, if think you would make a great neighbor
    oooh don't get me going. If I could convince my wife to move, I'd be outa here so fast I wouldn't even bother turning off the lights
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    Them Georgia boys are wanting jmac down there bad.......... GA...now this guy... who is probably a stooge of GA

DONT GO JMAC, ITS SOME KIND OF GEORGIA BOY TRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I fixed that for you

I could say much of the same about the so-called conservative tea party fooles. (yes, the extra "e" is intentional)

You have, of course, wandered far afield of my original rebuttal of your hasty generalization post. Resorting to ad hominem arguments rather than answering my point.

Common tactic. Doesn't work, but it is common.

Post Likes
    One could only hope that scientists are using the best quality equipment.

I, for one, would be very skeptical of a researcher using a cheap thermometer or even a quality one without a calibration and verification procedure being in place and documented. Redundancy would be important as well, IMO. One instrument, one reading isn't the be-all, end-all.
    You seem like a smart guy. Consider how long the CC debate has been popular vs. historical temperature data collection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Them Georgia boys are wanting jmac down there bad.......... GA...now this guy... who is probably a stooge of GA

DONT GO JMAC, ITS SOME KIND OF GEORGIA BOY TRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey corny been waiting for you to come on down to Dacula some night. I'll introduce you to some buddies of mine and we can go hunting raccoon at night . Let you use my 12 gauge that way you can't miss. Got to attend a rally first though. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    oooh don't get me going. If I could convince my wife to move, I'd be outa here so fast I wouldn't even bother turning off the lights
    Hey mac you're welcome to come down anytime. You sound like you would fit in just fine. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    yep I still have a buddy that lives in Alpharetta (i think thats how its spelled)

if I ever do get down that way, I'll give you guys a shout and we can do drinks and dinner
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast