Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

I wouldn't allow a single soul from EITHER party of power to manage MY meager checkbook, let alone a multi-TRILLION dollar national budget.

Until we collectively pull our heads (noses) out of the political parties asses and stop buying into the idea that we to choose, NOTHING will change.
    Oh, but they are managing your checkbook; grabbing it right from your sweaty, trembling fingers just as surely as bullies do from the school yard weakling.

Brian does raise a fair point: What, very specifically, could be done to "collectively pull our heads (noses) out of the political parties asses and stop buying into the idea that we to choose [ad nauseam, ad infinitum]..."? We've all heard this very sentiment raised repeatedly over the years (libertarians practically authored the notion); but it always lacks the substance necessary to gain any real forward-moving traction. It has that initial allure; it can make one look wise and above all the common, complaining rabble rousers - however at the end of the day it's just more clamoring from the castle wall. And the queen...God save the queen; knows it will go away soon enough.

So...do you have something different in mind this time?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Oh, but they are managing your checkbook; grabbing it right from your sweaty, trembling fingers just as surely as bullies do from the school yard weakling.

Brian does raise a fair point: What, very specifically, could be done to "collectively pull our heads (noses) out of the political parties asses and stop buying into the idea that we to choose [ad nauseam, ad infinitum]..."? We've all heard this very sentiment raised repeatedly over the years (libertarians practically authored the notion); but it always lacks the substance necessary to gain any real forward-moving traction. It has that initial allure; it can make one look wise and above all the common, complaining rabble rousers - however at the end of the day it's just more clamoring from the castle wall. And the queen...God save the queen; knows it will go away soon enough.

So...do you have something different in mind this time?
    At this point in time, there is little that actually, realistically CAN be done. Too many people still buy into the idea of political parties.

Quite honestly, education is the best thing to do right now. An intelligent and educated populace is more difficult to control than an ignorant one. Sadly, most people are kept too busy by confiscatory tax rates and materialistic desires to take any time to educate themselves. Those who aren't lack the desire to educate themselves, being content with their opinions and knowledge.

So, to answer your question honestly. I don't know what can be done to "fix" anything. I am still learning and educating myself.

If I actually had ANSWERS and SOLUTIONS, I certainly wouldn't be here yammering away at you guys. I would be out there, DOING it.

Post Likes
    I don't support politicians in general. None of them.

Those that you listed aren't near enough to me for me to consider supporting. All politics are local. I can't vote for Cruz and I don't think I would.

By the time they reach the national stage, they are INDIVIDUALLY so compromised that they cannot be relied on to actually act in the public's best interest, but in THEIR interest and in the interest of maintaining THEIR power and supporting those who have paid the most to put them in their position.
    So, seeing how no man is worthy of your support, what is your answer?

Edit: I see you gave a bit of an answer to my question above..
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    So, seeing how no man is worthy of your support, what is your answer?
    See my last post.

I don't have any answers. I know one wrong answer, but no right one, yet.

Post Likes
    At this point in time, there is little that actually, realistically CAN be done. Too many people still buy into the idea of political parties.

Quite honestly, education is the best thing to do right now. An intelligent and educated populace is more difficult to control than an ignorant one. Sadly, most people are kept too busy by confiscatory tax rates and materialistic desires to take any time to educate themselves. Those who aren't lack the desire to educate themselves, being content with their opinions and knowledge.

So, to answer your question honestly. I don't know what can be done to "fix" anything. I am still learning and educating myself.

If I actually had ANSWERS and SOLUTIONS, I certainly wouldn't be here yammering away at you guys. I would be out there, DOING it.
    Fair enough...I have to believe you would.

Post Likes
    The reason few have any substantial answers is because we are stuck within our indoctrinated minds, we have never been taught to think outside this indoctrination, we are stuck like the dog, who salivates when the bell rings.

When a so called reality show, puts us in to a conundrum and having to take side in issues, we salivate (react), to the environment we were brought up in to, and we argue our points, and can not come in to an agreement, and run around in argumentative circles, and we will NEVER find a solution.

The fact is we are all wrong, for its not a solution we need to look for, but we need to ask why we are salivating, and who rang the bell.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    The reason few have any substantial answers is because we are stuck within our indoctrinated minds, we have never been taught to think outside this indoctrination, we are stuck like the dog, who salivates when the bell rings.

When a so called reality show, puts us in to a conundrum and having to take side in issues, we salivate (react), to the environment we were brought up in to, and we argue our points, and can not come in to an agreement, and run around in argumentative circles, and we will NEVER find a solution.

The fact is we are all wrong, for its not a solution we need to look for, but we need to ask why we are salivating, and who rang the bell.

Roy

A different take on the question. Always thinking outside the box.

As I said, education is the first thing, followed by logical thought.

Post Likes
    I will agree that more education is needed . Although the liberal bias that is spewed at most universities is out of control. Also there are so many people on the take and millions getting some kind of government welfare change will be very difficult
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I will agree that more education is needed . Although the liberal bias that is spewed at most universities is out of control. Also there are so many people on the take and millions getting some kind of government welfare change will be very difficult

Don't need a university to educate yourself. Just a book and a little time.

Post Likes
    Getting back towards the original topic: My wife and I noticed a curious observation behind the Phil Robertson/Duck Dynasty fiasco. It would seem NBC, at the very least; might be smelling the coffee a bit more clearly as of late: The silliest and yet severe snafu of it's kind in some time, with all the usual opposing factions; a perfect storm of semantics, sentiment and stupidity.

Normally NBC would have an entire panel of experts including Donny Deutsch, Star Jones and Nancy Snyderman; and devote at least 15 minutes of prime time news to the story. But the last installment we watched lasted about 8 seconds and they zipped right along to weather. Like they were afraid of it or something.

Even SNL didn't barely touched it. I was shocked to see but one quick joke during Weekend Update.

I would expect a ton of "Media Bias;" a freaking all out blitzkrieg behind this thing...and I'm seeing very little. Just a blurb here and there on Yahoo and a few seconds on the typically left leaning talking rags.

Very strange. And quite encouraging, I must say.

Post Likes
    Don't need a university to educate yourself. Just a book and a little time.
    Yes, but that would take good parenting to steer the child in that direction. That goes back to my point that big progressive government has taken over much of the role of parents. It's quite a scheme that progressives have going, isn't it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Yes, but that would take good parenting to steer the child in that direction. That goes back to my point that big progressive government has taken over much of the role of parents. It's quite a scheme that progressives have going, isn't it?
    I would agree to that, on the other hand there are plenty of on-line schools that you can get on.
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    The Limbaugh vs. Martin Bashir media bias comparison.

From the 10 days after Limbaugh made his insult (February 29, 2012 through March 9, 2012), major newspapers mentioned the controversy in 260 separate stories. By contrast, Bashir’s Palin-bashing was mentioned just 8 times in the ten days following his insult (November 15 through November 24).

On television, only FNC was consistent in its coverage. Ten days after Bashir attacked Palin, Fox covered it in 14 separate instances. One year previously, Fox News mentioned the Fluke controversy in 16 different stories. According to Nexis, CNN mentioned Bashir’s insult just twice in the ten days after he bashed Palin. Unsurprisingly, MSNBC and NBC have not mentioned the incident at all.

By contrast, television news was obsessed with going after Limbaugh. CNN mentioned the story on 54 separate occasions. MSNBC covered it 23 times, NBC 13 times, ABC 10 times, and CBS focused on it 8 times. Even the PBS NewsHour, supposed bastion of serious news, decided to mention the controversy twice.

Based on the data, it seems very likely that the primary reason MSNBC hasn’t suspended or fired Bashir is that the rest of the press hasn’t been nearly as interested in forcing the issue the way they were just one year ago with Limbaugh.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...#ixzz2oYBIlLUJ

Sounds pretty biased to me. And to those saying it goes both ways(absolutely ridiculous, BTW), sounds like Fox news was fair and balanced on the coverage of both stories. Hmmm? Weird. If I didn't know better, I'd say the Fox bashers are full of crap.

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast