Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    New to site so no spam yet. But I have question I'm working on split system an I've charged unit but still not getting cold, condenser and fan running, it took a while to charge unit but it required 3.5 lbs. And I got it to take it but still not cooling any help would b nice

Post Likes
    You will want to post this question in the proper forum.

Since you are new try the tech to tech for now until you can prove you are in the business. If you are not in the business then post in the AOP Residential.

Thx

Post Likes
    Thank you for sharing this, my inbox are full of spam mails and I get tired of deleting them everyday. This would help a lot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    The most common email I get daily.

How do I post on this site?

The second most common email I get daily.

Why can't I register?

Average number of email to me? 200 a day.
    Average number of email I must reply or investigate? 50 a day.
    Who is the only one that can do this and approve registrations and approve moderate post? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.
    YIKES!
    "Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Post Likes

Post Likes
    How do I get Penton to remove me from their database COMPLETELY? I am suddenly being bombarded by Penton e-mails and have clicked the "opt-out" link every time, but they just keep coming. You say (above), "You join a website you are going to get email." Why? Why should I expect to be bombarded with spam (related to the subject or not) when I join a website? I changed the e-mail address in my profile to one that I don't use, so maybe they'll be directed there. Or maybe I'll just start receiving two sets of daily spam.

I answered the two questions as suggested. I still don't see a way to "OPT OUT" completely as clicking the "opt out" link on the Penton e-mails does not seem to accomplish anything.

I'm not an active member here, having joined several years ago to ask one question. I haven't even thought about this site in years and now they spam me? I'd gladly cancel my membership to stop this, but I don't see a way to do that either.

Help, please. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat57 View Post
    Why? Why should I expect to be bombarded with spam
    Because you didn't pay any money. Think of it like television with commercials. The bills need to get paid somehow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Because you didn't pay any money. Think of it like television with commercials. The bills need to get paid somehow.
    That's what clickable ads on a free site are for. My inbox is off limits if I say it is. There should be an option to opt out of promotional e-mails when you join. It's been so long I don't remember if there was or not, but this hasn't been a problem until recently.

As I said I will gladly withdraw my membership to escape this annoyance, but they've already got my e-mail address and the "opt-out" thing apparently doesn't work.

Post Likes
    My inbox is off limits if I say it is.
    You in box is only off limits if you do not give out your email address. This whole Internet thingy is a new brave world. I have never received any spam from this site.

Post Likes
    This is the only HVAC-related site I've ever joined, you HAVE to submit an e-mail to join to be able to post questions/comments (I suppose I shouldn't have used my "real" one), and the only spam I'm receiving is coming from Penton. It's not too hard to figure out WHERE it's coming from.

Post Likes
    What's a Penton?

This is the only HVAC-related site I've ever joined, you HAVE to submit an e-mail to join to be able to post questions/comments (I suppose I shouldn't have used my "real" one), and the only spam I'm receiving is coming from Penton. It's not too hard to figure out WHERE it's coming from.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    What's a Penton?
    http://www.penton.com/
    The owners of Contracting Business mag which "sponsors" this forum.

For what it's worth, I haven't gotten any spam.

Post Likes
    Well, they could certainly get my email address if they wanted it. But I don't ever put it somewhere like here or an open forum. Same reason I wouldn't apply for pro membership here. My cert card has my social security number on it. Just having the wholesalers make a copy of it is scary enough; hardly gonna send it off to a publisher. Plus I'd probably have to put my email address in my profile just to apply for the pro membership. Not worth the hassle of all the extra junk in my in box . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    http://www.penton.com/
    The owners of Contracting Business mag which "sponsors" this forum.

For what it's worth, I haven't gotten any spam.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast