Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Hell i even asked if there's any power interruption during the late night/early morning hours for some period of time that could cause this, but they say nothing relevant to the ice machines are turned off at night

When i go back to follow up friday and the unit on the right (new harvest and headmaster valves) is running fine but the other unit is froze up again I'm going ahead with replacing the headmaster.
    Now...if they're both froze up again...I'm turning around and walking away haha

Post Likes
    You are saying (they're both froze up) is this solid ice or frost?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ararams View Post
    You are saying (they're both froze up) is this solid ice or frost?
    nope solid from not harvesting...about 4 inches thick

Post Likes
    Do they lock out on any error codes? are the ice thickness sensors embedded in ice?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ararams View Post
    Do they lock out on any error codes? are the ice thickness sensors embedded in ice?
    yup safety #2, and somewhat yeah, the water running over them kinda keeps them out of the block of ice tho

Post Likes
    well guys i believe my issue is solved on the unit that i replaced the headmaster on...
    arrived there today to follow up and the unit was off on full bin
    Moved ice out of the way and watched a cycle...perfect harvests @ 1min 20 seconds.

The other unit...was froze up but honestly i expected that. Going to order a headmaster for that unit then I think these machines are all figured out.
    I appreciate everyone's input on here it really helps

Post Likes
    Glad it worked out for you. The intermittent failed harvest can be a pain in the *** sometimes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. The intermittent failed harvest can be a pain in the *** sometimes.
    Ha, yes.... Now all i need is a Mani QuietCube certified plaque...haha

Post Likes
    holly crap.... I just read this entire post... give us a guess on how many times you went up and down the ladder??? I applaud your fortitude... I did have a service call that I just walked away from.... got a call for a doorbell that had stopped working... In East Texas... drove out to the house and it was up about 2.5 feet off the ground... you could see under it everywhere... dogs everywhere... customer sitting on front porch - I squatted down and saw the low voltage wire for the door button stapled to the floor joists going back to the transformer... I figured that a dog had torn up the wire... the house has nothing under it but sand... so I get my tool pouch and off I go... nearly having enough room to walk but not quite so im in a tall crawl... rushing along checking the wire - suddenly i hear a rattlesnake... I freeze... slowly I look around and there a few feet away is a rattler all drawn back ready to strike... I slowly retreated until I was a safe distance from the snake then hotfooted out from under the house... when I came out the customer asked me how it looked... I told him It couldn't be fixed and got in my truck and drove away... so you see Scott... there are some jobs you just don't have to do... Good job

Post Likes
    Thank u very much sir. I'm glad I stuck with it and was able to sort all this out.

Ha, i did probably go up and down from the roof about 15 times and at this place there's no roof access inside. They have a room only accessible from outside that has roof access.

Post Likes
    Well guys thought I'd fill u in....
    Got the headmaster in for the other unit. Was about 7F here in Omaha today....
    When i arrived I was so happy to see that the right side head was off on full bin. (this unit had the new HPR and harvest valves) the other was froze up as expected..

Recovered, changed valve, vacuumed, recharged....same as the 1st one, what a difference the new headmaster made...head pressure no longer bobbing up and down during freeze and not plummeting in harvest.
    Both units harvesting about 2 mins.

Just the moment i saw that head on the right working fine and off on full bin made my day...Instantly put a smile on my face, boss was very happy too.

Post Likes
    Glad to hear it. I can imagine that was a load off your mind.

What pressure was the replacement headmaster they sent? I started installing two new quiet cube machine's today, and both units had 225psi headmasters.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Glad to hear it. I can imagine that was a load off your mind.

What pressure was the replacement headmaster they sent? I started installing two new quiet cube machine's today, and both units had 225psi headmasters.
    They were definitely 240psi

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast