Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Why Good People Should Be Armed

A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    saw this yesterday on another forum, she is very articulate. I like what she has to say
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    Doesn't get any more simple than that
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Im half a century old and dont personally know one person who was saved because they had a gun or was killed because they didnt have a gun. Im not a gun control advocate but I dont have a need for one.

The argument she makes that the government wants to disarm the population so they can better control them is not correct in my opinion. If they want you, they will get you whether you have an ak47 or not. I hear this argument all the time and I just dont think the federal government big wigs are sitting around thinking weve got to disarm the people so we can really eff them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    I'm half a century old and don't personally know one person who was saved because they had a gun or was killed because they didn't have a gun. I'm not a gun control advocate but I don't have a need for one.

I guess you don't count those saved by law enforcement then?

The argument she makes that the government wants to disarm the population so they can better control them is not correct in my opinion. If they want you, they will get you whether you have an ak47 or not. I hear this argument all the time and I just don't think the federal government big wigs are sitting around thinking we've got to disarm the people so we can really eff them.

Maybe a big wig or small group, but not all. The masses are given an ulterior motive for gun "control".
    While I think some of the items discussed in those videos are extreme, the general theme is correct.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Absolute great video! I loved it!!!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    . If they want you, they will get you whether you have an ak47 or not.

There is a degree of sanity to this.

Now, I do understand the history of the second amendment and its intent as a safeguard against tyranny. That is a simple, historical fact.

Thing is, society today is different. We've allowed the government to amass considerable power over us. Enough power that bigtime may well be right.

Got your AK? Great, guess what. SWAT team, dynamic entry with flashbangs and MP5s and you're dead meat, brother. Unless you're among the most highly trained, when a body armor clad thug with a sub-machinegun comes flying into the room a quarter of a second behind a flashbang, you simply do not have a chance. Even IF you're trained, you may not have a chance unless the gun is already IN your hands. Gun across the room? Yup, still no chance. Bye-bye.

Post Likes
    Im half a century old and dont personally know one person who was saved because they had a gun or was killed because they didnt have a gun. Im not a gun control advocate but I dont have a need for one.

The argument she makes that the government wants to disarm the population so they can better control them is not correct in my opinion. If they want you, they will get you whether you have an ak47 or not. I hear this argument all the time and I just dont think the federal government big wigs are sitting around thinking weve got to disarm the people so we can really eff them.
    you know someone now that a gun has saved. Congrats (3 times by-the-way)
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    Nice video, but I like this one more.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....hould-Be-Armed

Post Likes
    Awesome video!
    Made the whole family sit down and watch it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    There is a degree of sanity to this.

Now, I do understand the history of the second amendment and its intent as a safeguard against tyranny. That is a simple, historical fact.

Thing is, society today is different. We've allowed the government to amass considerable power over us. Enough power that bigtime may well be right.

Got your AK? Great, guess what. SWAT team, dynamic entry with flashbangs and MP5s and you're dead meat, brother. Unless you're among the most highly trained, when a body armor clad thug with a sub-machinegun comes flying into the room a quarter of a second behind a flashbang, you simply do not have a chance. Even IF you're trained, you may not have a chance unless the gun is already IN your hands. Gun across the room? Yup, still no chance. Bye-bye.
    Back in the civil rights days... a black lady named Rosa Parks risked literally ALL to stand her ground and force de-segregation.... as the founders risked much (and many of them ended up much poorer) for freedom.

In the immortal words of one of the founders: If a person does not love freedom enough to fight and even die for it... they do not deserve it.

Conviction of ones beliefs... is what makes a country GREAT... passivity and compromise is what destroys it.

Which do we want... our country to continue to be great for our kids and grandkids... or for them to live in bondage to corrupt govts (and all govts are corrupt... it is the nature of mankind when they get too much power).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Excellent G!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Back in the civil rights days... a black lady named Rosa Parks risked literally ALL to stand her ground and force de-segregation.... as the founders risked much (and many of them ended up much poorer) for freedom.

In the immortal words of one of the founders: If a person does not love freedom enough to fight and even die for it... they do not deserve it.

Conviction of ones beliefs... is what makes a country GREAT... passivity and compromise is what destroys it.

Which do we want... our country to continue to be great for our kids and grandkids... or for them to live in bondage to corrupt govts (and all govts are corrupt... it is the nature of mankind when they get too much power).

Ga,

I do not disagree with you. I would stand for and die for the freedom of myself and that of my family.

I am simply saying that, if you were deemed an "agitator" it wouldn't be any trouble at all for a SWAT team to take you out before you could agitate much more, whether or not you are armed.

It's a simple fact.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast