Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PHI Cells

Post Likes
    I've been evaluating this RGF PHI cell product offering. There appear to be several very interesting threads on PHI and RGF and I've seen the data that RGF has provided. How can I get my hands on the Kansas State White Paper referenced in Genesis's May, 2005 post? I'm interested in going right to the source of the data. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Post Likes
    Ill post it for you tomorrow from the office if know one else has don't it yet.

Post Likes
    You can find a copy at
    www.fivehawk.com/RCISurfaceTest.pdf

This test was actually for Ecoquest. RGF appears to be using it for their product as well. This is one more confusing thing about the RGF product since we have been told numerous times that the technologies are not exactly the same.

Read the study. Maybe you can tell me how any of it applies to airborn microbiologicals. I don't see it myself.

Post Likes
    Actually Ecoquest bought the rights to the product from RGF.

Post Likes
    i sell the RGF Guardian air here in ky. A truly revolutionary product for removal of mold, bacteria and odors in the home.

Post Likes
    I have not read this entire post but I must say that I find the photos totally unbelievable. That after shot didn't have a speck of anything in it. There would be remains of dead things present in that pan. That was a brand new pan if I have ever seen one. Sorry I'm not buying it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    I have not read this entire post but I must say that I find the photos totally unbelievable. That after shot didn't have a speck of anything in it. There would be remains of dead things present in that pan. That was a brand new pan if I have ever seen one. Sorry I'm not buying it.
    I call BS on the original photos too.

Post Likes
    Would it be a good idea to run one of these in a dehumidifier located in a sealed crawl? My 7yo crawl has some mildew/mold and I'm going to be converting it to a closed system. Might this Phi Cell kill off the existing mold/mildew without seeping ozone and/or other possible nasty byproducts into the living space?

Post Likes
    I'm sure they someone will claim their radiocatalyticionbarageNASAtechsupernucleiparticle blasterkillseverythingbutyoubutwecantproveit device will do what you want.
    To back it up they will even quote a study where stuff was killed on stainless steel surfaces in an enclosed test chamber!

I have yet to see even one posting of anything but anecdotal stories in support of its effectiveness in real world situations.

Post Likes
    There is an old saying: "Statistics never lie. But liars use statistics."

There is a new corollary to this saying: "Tests never lie. But liars use tests."

For example, I took another look at the Kansas State test on the RCI product and found that the chamber used for the tests is 49"X25"X30". That is a whopping 21 cubic feet. That means that the average HVAC system would replace the air in the chamber in 1.05 seconds.

In short, none of these results can be applied to real world applications. To do so is deceptive. You really need to have tests done in somewhat realistic conditions to have any validity for statements about the effectiveness of the product.

Post Likes
    Mark you need to get a trade mark on this word . Kind of like photohydronazation cell . Get a TM on it and it makes it a real technology.(radiocatalyticionbarageNASAtechsupernu cleiparticle blasterkillseverythingbutyoubutwecantproveit device )

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I call BS on the original photos too.
    You guys are right! You got me! I had absolutely nothing better to do on a military deployment than to remove an entire evaporator and heat strip package so that I could install a new drain pan to convince a bunch of total strangers that this product works. I must have been a total dope to think that I could pull the wool over so many expert eyes. I raise my cup to you all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ar4s1 View Post
    You guys are right! You got me! I had absolutely nothing better to do on a military deployment than to remove an entire evaporator and heat strip package so that I could install a new drain pan to convince a bunch of total strangers that this product works. I must have been a total dope to think that I could pull the wool over so many expert eyes. I raise my cup to you all.
    You post total bull crap and expect us to believe it and then make us out to be the bad guy.

Look at the space between the pan and the insulation that you mounted your little miracle to, different size gap. Leads you to believe it is a different unit. Where did the pipe go that is in the way of the clean shot vs the shot of the dirty pan. The drain must be totally plugged up cause there isn't even a dimple or any indication of that drain hole. Don't make me count the coils of the heat strip, just take your lumps and don't try to BS us. Most of us have better things to do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast