Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: PHI Cells

Post Likes
    I find this page doing research about "5 INCH PHI CELL" manufactured by RGF after speaking to sales representative in Australia of original equipment manufacturer using PHI CELL in a product. I receive demo product including PHI from OEM. I place in unsealed 300 m^2 room with OZONE measuring instrument. Unsafe ozone readings exceeding 500 parts per 1,000,000,000 which is the meters limit after 45 minutes. For reference, occupant-safe ozone reading under 50 parts per. Did not find manufacturer literature detailing this level of ozone emissions.

Post Likes
    Wow! 500 parts per billion is huge. As you say, the acceptable limit indoors in 50ppb.

I will give you another experiment. Place a small bowl of lemon or pine scented cleaner in the room and do particle counts. The sub-micron particles will go sky-high. I have done it and the particle counts at 0.3um exceeded 10,000,000 per cubic foot in 45 minutes. The normal is about 1,000,000.

As you can see by the age of this thread, this discussion has gone on for a long time. But I think there is a new development. There is a clear relationship between higher PM2.5 (particles less than 2.5 microns in size) and adverse health effects. New research is showing that it is not just the size of the particle, but the type of particle that causes the health problems (mostly cardiovascular and respiratory). The new leading culprit is particles with high oxidative potential. In other words, particles that have been in reactions with reactive oxygen species such as ozone, hydroxyl radicals, peroxide, etc. - just the very things created by these so called "air cleaning devices."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567