Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 50 of 50
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7
    Post Likes
    greg58,

    Thank You. Now I have 3 different versions.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    506
    Post Likes
    It looks like your version of the A-12 may be older than mine, but the information is the same.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    It looks like your version of the A-12 may be older than mine, but the information is the same.
    i Like, OLE!
    Thank You, Gleng

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7
    Post Likes

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by greg58 View Post
    If this works the entire A-12 manual should show up below


    Thank you.

    I have about five different A-12 manuals (there were several "Annie" models made over the years and also several A-12 versions as well). I am trying to get all of them together into one complete understandable and legible manual. If it turns out there are more than one, I'll get them both together. With all of this help we'll hopefully have a place where you can download the correct A-12 manual that you are looking for.

    Jeff

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    292
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsmg View Post
    Thank you.

    I have about five different A-12 manuals (there were several "Annie" models made over the years and also several A-12 versions as well). I am trying to get all of them together into one complete understandable and legible manual. If it turns out there are more than one, I'll get them both together. With all of this help we'll hopefully have a place where you can download the correct A-12 manual that you are looking for.

    Jeff
    I wasn't aware of that many models.
    As Gleng stated the manual did cross over to other versions, at least the one a friend had.


  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Likes
    How do you know I didn't thank him via email?

    PHM
    --------


    Quote Originally Posted by FVP View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA ORALE! If you see on #19 that was way back in 2015. Plus Poodle Head Mickey never posted a Thank You if he recieved it. I believe that he did because Greg said he'd email it.
    I have a PDF manual. Thats why I typed everything to save people from asking to email copy. I would be more than happy to email you one if you'd like. But it's that remnant rebellious side of me that got the better of me Muahahahaha. OLE!
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Likes
    How different are the various A-12 models?

    Are they different enough that the manuals are version-specific? And one cannot be used with a different version unit?

    PHM
    --------


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsmg View Post
    . . . I have about five different A-12 manuals (there were several "Annie" models made over the years and also several A-12 versions as well). I am trying to get all of them together into one complete understandable and legible manual. If it turns out there are more than one, I'll get them both together. With all of this help we'll hopefully have a place where you can download the correct A-12 manual that you are looking for.

    Jeff
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7
    Post Likes
    They all look pretty similar, even the "X" export version. But, without all the pages for each manual it's a bit of a guess. Some have instructions for each meter, while other have different sections for each task (e.g. A through H). I will need to compare them all to make sure there isn't a difference from one task or meter to others before I can say they are similar enough for use in any Annie version.

    I will keep working in this when I have time and hopefully will find missing pages and get at least one good manual.

    This machine was made in multiple places, I think it was first made by a company in North Hollywood called "Mechanical Refrigeration Enterprises". Interestingly, their manual states it is for the "Model A-12" but then adds "Also Model TA-1200".

    I think I also found a manual with two different addresses from a different company. But, I think the best one is one dated 1975 from the MRE company in North Hollywood, and while it has what appears to be complete instructions and a list of parts, it does not have a schematic like other manuals do.

    So, I'm going to use that one as the "Best" manual for the A-12 and compare it to others. There is also a re-typed version for the "X" export version (220-250 Volts). It is nicely retyped, but may be missing a page and has no parts list or diagrams of any sort.

    So, in the end I think we'll have one good manual for the A-12 for the US and one for the export model (it has an X in the model number). I just need a little more time to get everything together.

    Thanks

    Jeff

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    506
    Post Likes
    I actually have a smaller Annie on my truck now.I own the A-12,but it is in the house.I use a smaller Annie all the time.The Annie I keep on the truck is smaller than the A-12.It doesn't have as many features as the A-12,but is sufficient most of the time. I will look at which one it is.I will post the model number later today.I also have an old Annie Analog Capacitor tester, not on my trucks I use my Fluke digital now to check caps.Apparently "ANNIE" made several test instruments for HVAC work.The main one being the A-12 Hermetic Anylyzer.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil, EC
    Posts
    14,228
    Post Likes
    Interestingly, Imperial Tools and Diversitech have resurrected the Annie hermetic analyzer: https://imperial-tools.com/products/hermeti-check/


  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ilwaco, Washington
    Posts
    1,621
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I actually have a smaller Annie on my truck now.I own the A-12,but it is in the house.I use a smaller Annie all the time.The Annie I keep on the truck is smaller than the A-12.It doesn't have as many features as the A-12,but is sufficient most of the time. I will look at which one it is.I will post the model number later today.I also have an old Annie Analog Capacitor tester, not on my trucks I use my Fluke digital now to check caps.Apparently "ANNIE" made several test instruments for HVAC work.The main one being the A-12 Hermetic Anylyzer.
    I have three Annies an A-12 and another one that is bigger The M/N escapes me. I also have am A-17 millivolt and Mag Valve tester. I need a schematic for this tester as the mag valve section is out of calibration, and I'm thinking that it's a resistor that is out of calibration and need to be replaced. The thermocouple testing feature works just fine, but the mag valve dropout part is way out of calibration. Can anyone help with a schematic? It was built by MRI in North Hollywood.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •