Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Annie A2 Hermetic analyzer

Years ago I worked with a fellow tech that had one of these things. He showed me one day how he could "reverse" the comp to get it un-stuck. It looked pretty cool, but I never got one my self..

Until recently.

I found one at a estate sale, and bought it... Looks like the same one my co-worker had back then. My question is this: Where can I get a manual for this unit, because the one I have did not come with one.

If no manual is avail, perhaps someone around here knows how this is hooked up, and what color clips go to what terminal etc.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Black = common
    Red = Run
    White = Start

Can do a scan of the manual if you want.

Post Likes
    Ole, I got one the same way off e-bay except mine is the A-12. Didn't come with a manual either. Nice lady somewhere had one and mailed it to me. I can copy it off and send it to you if you want. It's not the greatest copy but readiblie. First thing I did with mine was hook up an old window unit and rocked the compressor. That's the main reason I got it. I wanted to see if that old tank of an A/C would keep going.Paid a dollar for the thing and I was trying to squeeze every cent out of it. Cooled great. Let me know. Always willing to help out a fellow James antagonizer.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes

Smile annie

I got one of these from ebay and had it shipped pver to the uk

when i did catering fridge got me out of many problems when the start gear run cap etc had gone bang.!

Use it a couple of times on 230 volt SINGLE Phase on le unite compressor cold room linked up to a ranco stat as temp measure until got the bits.

Still up my loft !!!

nb 230 volts is uk single phase
    415 three phase

maddfridge
    There is faith, there is hope and then there is another compressor change

Post Likes
    i got an a-12 from my dad after he past away is there any way you can e mail a copy of manual ?

Post Likes
    scan it and put it in here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viper214 View Post
    i got an a-12 from my dad after he past away is there any way you can e mail a copy of manual ?
    Available here for download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYE7K88K

Post Likes
    Try this. I have three more files but "my security token" is missing or broken on this site or my compution machine as it's telling me. I'll try later to attach the other files.

I'll see if I can send the other files if you have a personal Email.

Oops! This is from 2007....never mind.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes

This may help

The quality is not the best, but here is the full manual.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    I have an Annie A-12 on my truck for 20 years.Use it a least every week.One of the best tools I ever bought.If you have a compressor that won't start,but has power to itand ohms out good.Hook the annie up.If it runs ,check start components.If it does not run ,or is locked up,you don't waste time trying new start components to get it running,then finding out it is locked up. Unfortunately,I don't know who makes ,or sells them anymore.

Post Likes
    OMG, that's a blast from the past. I had one of these back in the 80's but I lost it in a tornado and never replaced it. We had one in the Carrier test lab way back when.

I had forgotten all about the Annie until I saw this thead tonight! Awesome.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I have an Annie A-12 on my truck for 20 years.Use it a least every week.One of the best tools I ever bought.If you have a compressor that won't start,but has power to itand ohms out good.Hook the annie up.If it runs ,check start components.If it does not run ,or is locked up,you don't waste time trying new start components to get it running,then finding out it is locked up. Unfortunately,I don't know who makes ,or sells them anymore.
    I don't think anybody makes the "Annie" anymore but UEI and Thermal Engineering both make their own versions of the hermetic compressor analyzer.

Post Likes
    Have an A-12 and the bigger one,Senior moment,,,,,can't remember the #,,Use em a lot. Have had to replace toggle switches a couple of times on the big one, but no problems with the A-12
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast