Post Likes

Carrier Infinity component compatibility

Hi,

I am about to accept a bid on the following Infinity system for a 3500 square foot two story home in Nebraska, which also has a finished basement. Here is the equipment:

Carrier 24ANB748A003 Infinity 17 compressor
    Carrier 59MN7A Infinity high-efficiency variable-capacity furnace
    Carrier CNPVP6124ALA vertical design N-evaporator coil.
    Carrier Infinity Touch control.

Here’s my question to all of you... is this a matched system?

I ask this because the load calc (done with a full manual J) came out to 4 tons, and the compressor is a 4 ton, but when I Google the coil it says it’s a 5 ton coil. My contractor says that this is what is necessary according to AHRI guidelines in order to actually get a cooling load of 4 tons; he said the fact that Carrier calls this a 5 ton coil is not relevant. Is this correct? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    The best thing is ask your contractor for the ahri sheet that confirms the efficiency rating. The model number of the coil is just a number not a ton size
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ndeverest View Post
    Hi,

I am about to accept a bid on the following Infinity system for a 3500 square foot two story home in Nebraska, which also has a finished basement. Here is the equipment:

Carrier 24ANB748A003 Infinity 17 compressor
    Carrier 59MN7A Infinity high-efficiency variable-capacity furnace
    Carrier CNPVP6124ALA vertical design N-evaporator coil.
    Carrier Infinity Touch control.

Here’s my question to all of you... is this a matched system?

I ask this because the load calc (done with a full manual J) came out to 4 tons, and the compressor is a 4 ton, but when I Google the coil it says it’s a 5 ton coil. My contractor says that this is what is necessary according to AHRI guidelines in order to actually get a cooling load of 4 tons; he said the fact that Carrier calls this a 5 ton coil is not relevant. Is this correct? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    the 61 indicates 61k BTU. There is an 48 that is a 4ton coil.

The correct selection should be based on the sensible latent capacity of your home, not just the SEER listing.

Your manual J should show you the sensible capacity and the latent capacity that you structure requires if the correct data was entered.

A short version guess should not be relied upon.

Post Likes
    Yes it is matched see attachment- But unless you really needed communicating the ACB7 with a 59TP furnace would have been a better bet--Like secondopinion said- You need a proper Man J and Man S and a performnace run on this set up
    Attached Images Attached Images