Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Oiler exam NYC

Post Likes
    I heard Nov 14 list will be out
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by harryo714 View Post
    does anyone know what the physical exam for this job is like if you were to get hired?
    As long as you can be a good gofer and move fast 4 the building engineer you pass...

Post Likes
    Does the city or CUNY perform credit checks?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
    ?

Post Likes
    No, but if you have bad credit it will help cause of the MCU you can join

Post Likes
    It will be soon if not the 14th. After the DQ letters the list comes shortly after

Post Likes
    Oiler.

Kind of makes it sound like you are getting licensed on steam locomotives. <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by echo20 View Post
    Does any one in NYC have any study info on this exam?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Gearhead10w30 Guest
    I guess I'll come out and say it directly. I am currently on anti-anxiety medication klonopon that is prescribed by the doctor. I am also on prescribed pain medication. Is this going to be a problem or is it departmental specific? I'm shooting for DEP any insight or just knock it off to be safe. Again everything is prescribed

Post Likes
    You should be fine. Local 30 is known to be a heavily medicated union per person. Ive been in Cuny and HHC and never heard of anyone having a problem with meds

Post Likes
    PennyTeddy- since you have worked for CUNY, what can you tell me about this CPDB document. It sounds like a big PIA

Post Likes
    PennyTeddy- since you have worked for CUNY, what can you tell me about this CPDB document. It sounds like a big PIA
    im not familiar with the document but it looks like you mean background investigations. HHC seemed a bit more strict than cuny but they both do look into it. The problem is that HR in most city jobs dont know anything about engineering so they can be fooled easily.

Post Likes
    Thanks. Not worried about a background check. The cpd b, or comprehensive personnel document appears to be required of all agencies, whether dcas jurisdiction or other. They want all employment history verifiable back to high school. That's a long time for me. Lots of research I must do in order to verify exact dates of employment. I see CUNY has a phq, or personal history questionairre which is not so brutal. I wonder if the phq is in place of the cpd b

Post Likes
    Thanks. Not worried about a background check. The cpd b, or comprehensive personnel document appears to be required of all agencies, whether dcas jurisdiction or other. They want all employment history verifiable back to high school. That's a long time for me. Lots of research I must do in order to verify exact dates of employment. I see CUNY has a phq, or personal history questionairre which is not so brutal. I wonder if the phq is in place of the cpd b
    Na, they dont look at that really at all. If hired provisionally maybe they would look alittle but when going to the pool they might ask questions about your history based on your resume but if you didnt get DQ that shows you meet the the minimum requirments. I just got hired cuny HPPT off the list not too long ago.

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast