Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: Oiler exam NYC

Post Likes
    Thank you Lord Helmut for your insightful post. Keepem coming Chief!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmut View Post
    If you haven't received one yet, your application was processed and not DQ'd. The DQ notices were dated Sept. 11th, so even if you live in NJ you would've received it by now. The DQ notices state a 30 day period is in place for appeals, however this does not necessarily interfere with the date the list is established. Accepted appeal candidates simply get inserted into existing list for example list can have numbers 27, 27.5, 30. I am only speaking from experience since I have taken several NYC civil service tests both open competitive and promotional, they all followed this order. Good luck to all we should be getting results soon.
    This is good news...Thnx
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

Post Likes
    Let me ask another question. When I log into the NYC online application system and click on review status of completed exams, it shows both oiler and CUNY oiler but under score, it is N/A. Does anyone see a score here?

Post Likes
    were are you looking?

Post Likes
    NYC online application system website

Post Likes
    Pretty sure you wont see any results until you get list # by mail//

Post Likes
    I have a few questions i'm just wondering. I got DQ'ed from the 4011 (cuny) i appealed it . I never received a 4010 dq lettter should i be expecting one? and could they dq from one and not the other ? they had the same requirements and i am a nyc resident.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lckyone View Post
    I have a few questions i'm just wondering. I got DQ'ed from the 4011 (cuny) i appealed it . I never received a 4010 dq lettter should i be expecting one? and could they dq from one and not the other ? they had the same requirements and i am a nyc resident.
    I would imagine it may be possible to be dq'd from one but not another. It was two different applications and they were very possibly reviewed by different people. Also if you worded your experience differently, that may have been a factor.

Post Likes
    It happened to me with the plant tender/hhc oiler dq'd from both..But I won with appeal ...GL to you..

Post Likes
    Does anyone have any insight to staffing of oilers? For example, I am interested more in a job with CUNY since I am not a city resident and that will limit my opportunity with city agencies. Do they work 3 shifts? 7 day staffing? How many oilers at a time? My brother in law is an engineer for dcas and his bldg has 1 oiler from 6-2. Just curious. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I got dq'ed from dcas was wondering if its for both cuny and dcas or will I get another letter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
    Does anyone have any insight to staffing of oilers? For example, I am interested more in a job with CUNY since I am not a city resident and that will limit my opportunity with city agencies. Do they work 3 shifts? 7 day staffing? How many oilers at a time? My brother in law is an engineer for dcas and his bldg has 1 oiler from 6-2. Just curious. Thanks.
    Most CUNY sites do 6-2 2-10

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhhvac View Post
    I got dq'ed from dcas was wondering if its for both cuny and dcas or will I get another letter.
    I got dq'ed from cuny they're two different letter when did you get that letter ? I received mine beginning of the month,

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast