+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: Oiler exam NYC

Post Likes
    It happened to me with the plant tender/hhc oiler dq'd from both..But I won with appeal ...GL to you..
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

Post Likes
    Does anyone have any insight to staffing of oilers? For example, I am interested more in a job with CUNY since I am not a city resident and that will limit my opportunity with city agencies. Do they work 3 shifts? 7 day staffing? How many oilers at a time? My brother in law is an engineer for dcas and his bldg has 1 oiler from 6-2. Just curious. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I got dq'ed from dcas was wondering if its for both cuny and dcas or will I get another letter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
    Does anyone have any insight to staffing of oilers? For example, I am interested more in a job with CUNY since I am not a city resident and that will limit my opportunity with city agencies. Do they work 3 shifts? 7 day staffing? How many oilers at a time? My brother in law is an engineer for dcas and his bldg has 1 oiler from 6-2. Just curious. Thanks.
    Most CUNY sites do 6-2 2-10

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhhvac View Post
    I got dq'ed from dcas was wondering if its for both cuny and dcas or will I get another letter.
    I got dq'ed from cuny they're two different letter when did you get that letter ? I received mine beginning of the month,

Post Likes
    Let me ask another question. When I log into the NYC online application system and click on review status of completed exams, it shows both oiler and CUNY oiler but under score, it is N/A. Does anyone see a score here?
    Don't worry about the N/A under your score. For the current City position I am in; I took the test years ago and got called off the list.....and it still shows up as N/A on the website. Must be a glitch in their system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lckyone View Post
    I have a few questions i'm just wondering. I got DQ'ed from the 4011 (cuny) i appealed it . I never received a 4010 dq lettter should i be expecting one? and could they dq from one and not the other ? they had the same requirements and i am a nyc resident.
    CUNY and DCAS agencies, which include all NYC agencies other than CUNY, have different gradings. Even though you only took one physical test, it was graded separately, and your work experience was also evaluated separately....once by CUNY, and once by DCAS. You can be DQ'd from one and not the other. You can also have a different score from one than the other, simply because some questions could have been protested for one test and not the other.

Official results should be right around the corner....Cheers, and good luck to all.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your insight Lord Helmut

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by actuator View Post
    List will be out in October....Good luck to all
    What makes you think the list will be out in October? DCAS is saying January at the earliest. Would be nice if they were wrong.

Post Likes
    Another question for the guys who have gone through the civil service process before. I understand that selective certification may increase my chances of being hired. Is selective certification subject to the 1 in 3 rule? For example, say I'm no. 95. They call 32, 95 and 97 for selective cert appointment subject to interview. If they have three jobs, can they hire all three, or just one? Thanks

Post Likes
    Anyone hear anything new? My brother in law who works for dcas is saying this week or next. Strictly rumor not official

Post Likes
    Good Morning Forum,

What if you received a failing grade on oiler test and protested but never received protested results. Does this mean that you probably are not disqualified? Does this means because you protested it takes more time to obtain your list or disqualification status? It does seem that most of those who were disqualified received those results already.Even if I they qualify me with a low score it would be a great accomplishment to me anyhow. Thanks

Post Likes
    Another question for the guys who have gone through the civil service process before. I understand that selective certification may increase my chances of being hired. Is selective certification subject to the 1 in 3 rule? For example, say I'm no. 95. They call 32, 95 and 97 for selective cert appointment subject to interview. If they have three jobs, can they hire all three, or just one? Thanks
    tjc, good question. The "One in Three" rule means that they have to hire AT LEAST one out of three consecutive prospective employees. They can hire two or three in three if they want.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by todd2001 View Post
    Good Morning Forum,

What if you received a failing grade on oiler test and protested but never received protested results. Does this mean that you probably are not disqualified? Does this means because you protested it takes more time to obtain your list or disqualification status? It does seem that most of those who were disqualified received those results already.Even if I they qualify me with a low score it would be a great accomplishment to me anyhow. Thanks
    Todd, if you did not pass, you will NOT receive a Disqualification notice. Instead, when the official results and list numbers are mailed out (hopefully soon) you will receive a notice with a score of DNP; Did Not Pass. Disqualification notices were already sent out, but those candidates were disqualified for other reasons; mainly because of failing to meet prerequisite requirements, not because they didn't pass. However, if there were questions that were protested and the protests were accepted it might be enough to give you a passing grade. Also please note that protested questions are evaluated differently for DCAS and CUNY tests. This means you can end up passing one test while failing the other, if you signed up for both. Hope this helps, best of luck.

Post Likes
    Thanks so much, Lord Helmut.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Just heard a bs rumor that the city is holding all oiler provisionals till 2016. This is bs because the city wants all provisionals gone by 2016. I also heard that under 300 people passed before protest questions. I also confirmed that this test will not be thrown out and that pretty much all who passed will prob be hired if they pass interviews. lmk what you think.

Post Likes
    does anyone know what the physical exam for this job is like if you were to get hired?

Post Likes
    I heard Nov 14 list will be out

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by harryo714 View Post
    does anyone know what the physical exam for this job is like if you were to get hired?
    As long as you can be a good gofer and move fast 4 the building engineer you pass...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in