Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,236 to 1,248 of 1253

Thread: Oiler exam NYC

Post Likes
    would like to get some reference on the study materials too. thanks!

Post Likes

Cool Hiring Updates?

Hello Everyone!

I scored in the 70's on the test and was wondering if anyone has gotten any updates if they have hired recently?

I called DCAS and they said the list will remain active until November 2020.

Please respond with any information.

Thanks.

Talk soon!

Post Likes
    Parks just pulled a pool, theres another pool this Friday for DHS. Whats your list number? They are up to at least 325 from what I know at the last pool.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your reply! Im #390 something. Have to doublecheck. How about you? When you say pool what do you mean? If you are selected for this pool Im assuming they would have notified you by now? Im a current city employee and also wondering if I can get promoted within department or it goes by list number no matter what?

Post Likes
    Thanks for your reply! I’m #390 something. Have to doublecheck. How about you? When you say pool what do you mean? If you are selected for this pool I’m assuming they would have notified you by now? I’m a current city employee and also wondering if I can get promoted within department or it goes by list number no matter what?

Post Likes
    Im #299, just started the hiring process for parks. You will start to get notifications in the mail and some even email you in advance about a hiring pool for whatever agency is hiring an Oiler. The interview process is all based off list number, the city has a rule of 3 so for every one hire they must interview 3 people. For example youre 390, so in your pool will be list numbers close to you if they have one position open and call 389, 390 and 391 for an interview they can now hire one of them if the panel feels they are a good fit for the position. Every department uses oilers differently so it would be just like a regular job interview then, as opposed to take the test get the job.

Post Likes
    Thank you so much for the reply and info! Much appreciated!

Congrats on Parks! I spoke to a friend who works for them and really enjoys the work!

Good luck with your new gig!

Post Likes
    Thank you!
    No problem at all. If you need anything else you know where to find me.

Post Likes
    Hey! Happy New Year everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had the list of questions they ask at the interview for stationary oiler? I heard there are approximately 12 questions, one being "How do you change out a belt?"

Post Likes

Correction call coming

Hey guys, check your mail DOC is picking up 7 oilers before end of January.

Post Likes
    Wow! That is great news! Thanks for letting us know! 7 spots is great! Does anyone know any possible questions they might ask at the interview? It would be greatly appreciated to prepare more Incase I get an interview.
    Happy new year everyone!!!

Post Likes
    Its probably gunna be basic HVAC maintenance questions with DOC. I know theres 2 spots you can go there, the plant or the Jail itself and they are 2 very different places.
    From what I hear the plant is where you wanna be. The jail is golden handcuffs, mandatory OT, no phones allowed and when they lock down youre locked down. Basically going to jail everyday. But bright side is you can always transfer out!
    Good luck guys

Post Likes
    Hey! I was wondering if you could share what questions they asked you at interview ?

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686899091929394959697 LastLast