Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAE Problem

Post Likes

NAE Problem

I have an NAE55 at version 4.1 that we are working on in the shop for testing purposes. All of a sudden, I cannot log into the device with the standard Metasys password. The PC has SCT on it and has the correct Java. I am simply trying to login using IE with the address 192.168.1.235/metasys. It starts the process and gets me nearly to the end, when a window pops up with an error, but no message. It contains an I in a cloud and an OK button; that's it. When you click OK, the normal login appears, but it will not allow me to login with anything that I try. It says something like "unable to login: unknown error". I can ping the device and otherwise, it looks normal. Any ideas or do I have to Factory Reset this thing? Thanks.

Post Likes
    looks like security system issue, check if you can use remote desktop
    ps ask guys from local JCI they shoud know

Post Likes
    I do not have access to the local OEM people and that is not an option for me. I have limited tools available to me, just my PC. I found some other information searching the archives, so I will try to access again. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I am able to get into the NAE using Remote Desktop Connection and can run explorer once the command window opens. I am not sure what to do next. There is a folder called SecurityDB in the root and it is empty. I don't know if there should be any files in there or not. It looks as if the NAE is working, just missing something not allowing access to the UI.

Post Likes
    Remove Java and delete the Sun folders, then reinstall. Clear java from the internet explorer.

Post Likes
    I tried doing that a few times, doesn't make a difference. Also used another computer and I get the same Error Window. The error window opens just as the java window says "initializing application". Once a either click on the OK button for the error or simply X out of it, then the java window finishes loading. It is at this point, no matter what I type in, I get the "unable to login, unknown error".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DST-Tech View Post
    I am able to get into the NAE using Remote Desktop Connection and can run explorer once the command window opens. I am not sure what to do next. There is a folder called SecurityDB in the root and it is empty. I don't know if there should be any files in there or not. It looks as if the NAE is working, just missing something not allowing access to the UI.
    I think I remember a flash sheet from many years ago saying there was an issue with the SecurityDB xml file getting deleted. You should be able to copy the securityDB from your laptop if you have SCT installed using remote desktop. Reboot and that should fix the issue. You can also reload the image using the NUT if you have that.

Post Likes
    I went through the PC that has SCT, but do not see any SecurityDB folder. I also searched the XML files and don;t see anything related to security. When I am back on the site, I will remote into another NAE55 and see if I can copy the XML file and transfer it into this one.

Post Likes
    Check this:
    http://files.mail.ru/77A89297009D4C509869F52DC69A8212
    p.s. I can't attach file to message

Post Likes
    smallest file

Post Likes
    I'm getting it now. Thanks, I'll let you know what happens.

Post Likes
    Copied over the new xml file and made some progress. I do not get the initial error. It allows me to enter my login information, but once it gets to 75%, it stops, then gives me a new error,"The login process has timed out. Please close this window and restart before trying again." I have tried without success. I also tried to access it using SCT. SCT forces a reset, looks like it is downloading, tells me it is complete, but nothing really happens. Thanks for the files, they were a big help.

Post Likes
    Try to reflash w NUT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast