+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skymark Skypak's

Post Likes

Skymark Skypak's

So anyone familiar with these abortions realizes that Johnson Controls bought them out, and now no longer makes units, and parts take 2-4 months to "manufacture" or whatever.

Question being, anyone know of a replacement unit that adapts to the existing wall sleeve with roughly the same dimensions or smaller? I have heat exchangers failing and getting replacements takes an act of congress, and we know how efficient congress is!! lol
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    ...how efficient congress is!! lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40
    Process cooling: NO COMPRESSORS- just simply Earth-Coupled since 1996
    ... still needs to be hybridized with Earth-loop GTX for energy transfer/ chillin' /or thawin'

Perhaps you need a 22f Chiller/HW-Heat-Reclaim: buy a GEO-T Heat Pump (GTHP with Heat-Recovery)
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...mal_heat_pumps

http://www.hydro-temp.com/products.html and Bosch/Carrier/WF DHW while Cooling/Chilling

Post Likes
    just kidding, but maybe some parts 4 U...
    Process cooling: NO COMPRESSORS- just simply Earth-Coupled since 1996
    ... still needs to be hybridized with Earth-loop GTX for energy transfer/ chillin' /or thawin'

Perhaps you need a 22f Chiller/HW-Heat-Reclaim: buy a GEO-T Heat Pump (GTHP with Heat-Recovery)
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...mal_heat_pumps

http://www.hydro-temp.com/products.html and Bosch/Carrier/WF DHW while Cooling/Chilling

Post Likes
    Too bad they are down flows! But really want to find replacement units that aren't obsolete! Not sure how I could install splits, no room for condensers...

Post Likes
    moved to tech to tech

Post Likes
    Nobody out there run into these? Gonna have a nightmare in my future for sure! Lol

Post Likes
    I will have no hair because of these damn things... 2 more heat exchangers failed and no idea lead time on them... and JCI has no plans to design a replacement unit in the near future. what all do they own? I can't believe they can't come up with something, we need to hang our government and the DOE!

Post Likes

"Skypak replacement parts availability?"

So anyone familiar with these abortions realizes that Johnson Controls bought them out, and now no longer makes units, and parts take 2-4 months to "manufacture" or whatever.

Question being, anyone know of a replacement unit that adapts to the existing wall sleeve with roughly the same dimensions or smaller? I have heat exchangers failing and getting replacements takes an act of congress, and we know how efficient congress is!! lol

Post Likes
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anyone found a unit that is roughly the same size and can replace an SEAG SkyPak unit? I've got an apartment looking to replace a lot. Thanks tons.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac__ View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anyone found a unit that is roughly the same size and can replace an SEAG SkyPak unit? I've got an apartment looking to replace a lot. Thanks tons.
    I never did find one to fit the wall opening. I quoted replacing the whole complex with magic packs when they redid the exterior, but they didn't go for it.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    I believe first Co. may have some stackables, but you will have to do some carpentry.
    We have a bunch of condo's with G.E. stackables, we got creative with mini's.....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I believe first Co. may have some stackables, but you will have to do some carpentry.
    We have a bunch of condo's with G.E. stackables, we got creative with mini's.....
    Thanks, those first co verticals, could work with some work. I might be able to get a drop in replacement for SkyMark units from this company, heatran, I'll see how it goes.

http://heatranlogic.com/ahu.html

Post Likes
    Let us know. Those units look lots closer to the Skymarks than anything else I've seen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac__ View Post
    Thanks, those first co verticals, could work with some work. I might be able to get a drop in replacement for SkyMark units from this company, heatran, I'll see how it goes.

http://heatranlogic.com/ahu.html
    What did you find out on these units? Is there a rep in the states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    What did you find out on these units? Is there a rep in the states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Customer decided to just repair a couple failing units. Sounds like Heatran has replacement gas and electric units available. I will give them a shot when I have some units to replace.

16. Likes cmajerus liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Napolean in Barrie, Canada makes a condo pak that the heating and cooling modules are separate and interchangeable. Maybe it will fit?

Check out their website. my company recently sent me to a training on their product and it seemed cool because you can easily remove the heating or cooling module to service them outside of the unit.

Post Likes
    The Napoleon units are Magic Pak sized. Skypaks have a narrower & taller wall opening

http://heatranlogic.com/

Post Likes
    Hi guys,

Stumbled upon this thread while researching replacement options for a SkyPak SGAD unit. The space was designed by previous owner to literally only fit this sized unit so MagicPak is out of the question. Has anyone vetted out how the option offered by Heat Tran works yet? Would it truly be a perfect fit?

Thanks for any insights.

Post Likes

Replacement Skypak gas and electric replacement

I worked for Skymark during the hay days of Skypak, 10's of thousands sold from Canada into the USA. New replacement is made in Canada, not China! I started a new service company in Toronto with a manufacturing partner in the home town of the Skypak, and have developed an exact replacement. A unique group of contractors is what I hope to achieve through my efforts and to distribute the replacement through an Insuite HVAC Group in the USA, people who specialize in Insuite HVAC services.

Let me know where you are located, and if you are interested in collaborating to service the abandoned Skypak legacy

Post Likes
    Being from Canada I'm fully aware of this company and their offerings, I can provide feedback - they are a small manufacturer located in the same area who dabbles in everything, first time with DX cooling and gas however. Ask for cut sheets and current installs and references. Let me know what you come up with....and sorry, do they have a gas version certified for the USA market would be an important question to ask????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in