Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

TRANSFORMATIVE WAVE

Anyone ever worked with this product? TRANSFORMATIVE WAVE catalyst.

http://transformativewave.com/

Post Likes
    Looks like a great way to spend a bunch of money to get a fancy name on a smart economizer controller.

Post Likes
    I could see how SOME rtus could benefit. Especially older models with very old controls. But those same units could probably also benefit by just getting a little TLC. Some older rtu's probably dont have any kind of economizer and now they are just adding one which is pretty easy to do anyway. The % claims seem a little high. They also state that they have been in business a whole 4 years. I got a dog who has been doin' his business for 4 years too.

Post Likes
    Yeah, but does your dog have a really fancy name that doesn't in any way relate to the business he does?

Post Likes
    We have installed several of the CATALYST Efficiency Enhancing Controllers. I beleive they have captured exactly what our industry has been lacking in the area of cutting edge technology that actually makes constant volume RTU's more energy efficient. In addition, the folks at Transformative Wave Technologies have their act together. We've seen several other controllers that were in fact "smoke and mirrors" but the CATALYST is the real deal! You guys can pet your puppy dog while I go to the bank! Cheers!

6. Likes mccann liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    Yeah, but does your dog have a really fancy name that doesn't in any way relate to the business he does?
    his name is Lamborghini. my wife told me many years ago that, when I have a mid-life crises, as long as I don't get a new wife or girl friend, she would get me a Lamborghini. I haven't had a mid-life crises yet, however, she got us a dog, named him Lamborghini and thinks that she has fulfilled her end of the bargain.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    We have installed several of these controllers with a lot of success, they come as a packaged unit with all of the control wiring already terminated on the control. All you have to do is install the sensors and the VFD and follow the instructions on auto tuning the drive to Yasakawa's special parameters. It is so much more than a fancy economizer. They have built in a patented precooling technique and the ability to limit on peak demand to customize the controls to your facility. It also controls fan speed based of of space demand and DCV which is becoming a new ASRAE standard in some states. Another huge benefit of the controller is it comes with a wireless option to tie all of the RTU's together to control and monitor them remotely at multiple facility. I could go on and on about the features, we have been an affiliate partner with TWT since January of 2013 and we are seeing the benefits this new offering to our existing customer base. It has opened up a new revenue stream and seems to be right on point with what the industry has needed in a retrofit solution for constant volume rooftops which tend to be energy hogs.
    These guys have a passion for the product and are continually working to improve what it does.A+ in my book!

9. Likes mccann liked this post
    Post Likes
    Amazing how the only people making any positive comments on this piece are brand new members joining the day of the post... VERY credible...

11. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    The way I read the website, it was upgrading a constant volume to a constant volume with bells and whistles. If you are upgrading to a variable volume control, then certainly there are more savings to be had, however, I still question the large savings percentages. There will be SOME units that could achieve those savings (grossly oversized units, etc) but to claim all units will have such huge savings is misleading.

Post Likes
    And to claim it is some game changing development, when any DDC and a programmer worthy of his job can do the same. CO2 based DCV is hardly a new tech...

Post Likes
    It's pretty obvious that Tommy2Tones and T.D186 is the same person and works for this company. If it is, he has broken the rules by opening multiple accounts. The moderators will know because they can see his IP address.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Tommy2Tones and T.D186 is the same person and works for this company...
    I didn't catch that before. After re-reading it, it does seem like they work for the company at least. Kinda...salesmannie.

Post Likes
    Not just salesmen day, but pretty odd that the forum attracted two brand new members in a 2 day period, and their both sole activity on the board was raving about an obscure snake-oil item.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast