+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fieldpiece sc56

Post Likes

fieldpiece sc56

Does any one have the fieldpiece sc56? Is it worth the money? As well as the adapters that you can buy?

Post Likes
    Have had one since they first came out. Well made meter that does what I need.

Post Likes
    I like the SC56 because I was able to replace my regular clamp meter and multimeter with one meter, and ADD functionality.

Post Likes
    I think fieldpiece meters are way underrated, I love mine, and never had an issue out of it in many years, and I use it all time time.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Yep does everything you would need in a meter, except min/max amps and doesn't have a magnet... But all the other features make up for it..

I've really gotten use to the swivel head. Used a co-workers amp clamp the other day, it really sucked having to move my head to see the display.

Post Likes
    Wondering if I can glue magnets to the back of it. UEI spoiled me with the magnets. I bought the SC57 to use with my HG3. Only thing I have done with it is to check the temp probe on that and the UEI. Both were within .2* of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Yep does everything you would need in a meter, except min/max amps and doesn't have a magnet... But all the other features make up for it..

I've really gotten use to the swivel head. Used a co-workers amp clamp the other day, it really sucked having to move my head to see the display.

Post Likes
    I've had mine for a good while now, and it's been a good tool for me. I like the swivel head and I appreciate the fact that I can measure every pertinent value I need on a day to day basis with the thing.

It was money well spent, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I use the SC- 66 had it for 7 years never a problem, till I got new probes , shielded all the way to the point,have to get dead on for a reading...Engineers they love to change things !!

Post Likes
    I'm thinking of getting a SC-56 as well. I sure do appreciate reading all the reviews here. Thanks ballane89 for starting this thread.

Post Likes
    I just bought the SC-56 two weeks ago and love it, been using the SC-77 with no complaints but what sold me on the 56 was the swivel head, the dual display and the inrush.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHVAC View Post
    I just bought the SC-56 two weeks ago and love it, been using the SC-77 with no complaints but what sold me on the 56 was the swivel head, the dual display and the inrush.
    Thanks. I am going to order one this weekend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NO View Post
    Thanks. I am going to order one this weekend.
    This is the cheapest I have found it. The picture is the wrong one but the description is right. There is also a video here too on it.

http://www.tequipment.net/Fieldpiece...FUdo7AodMFYAcw

Post Likes
    That's actually where I was looking at it too... I also noticed that they had the wrong pic.
    That's why I love this forum. HVAC brothers always willing to extend a helping hand.
    I sure do appreciate you RyanHVAC.

Post Likes
    I have been using mine for almost 7 months, I think its a great meter, the only problem I had was with the leads that came with it, they failed and I had to replace them.

Post Likes
    My leads aren't great either. I replaced them with fluke leads. No complaints there other then the extra outlay of money.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CrispinHvac View Post
    I have been using mine for almost 7 months, I think its a great meter, the only problem I had was with the leads that came with it, they failed and I had to replace them.
    Luckily I already have a set of Fluke leads that I can use with it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in