+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you could ask the CEO of a plumbing or hydronics manufacturer any question...

Post Likes

Confused If you could ask the CEO of a plumbing or hydronics manufacturer any question...

If you could ask the CEO the a major plumbing or hydronic heating manufacturer any question you wanted, what would it be? We'll have an Executive Leadership Forum at Comfortech where we can ask those questions. So once we have those fellas on the hot seat, what do you want to know?

Post Likes
    Can you start providing more piping diagrams and arrangement options for your products? Also where to buy, and conversion data?
    Watts and B&G seem to offer/publish nice drawings for many types of hydronic systems, which help in application choice and trouble shooting... This may be why they seem to sell a lot more of their products here in the bay. The end user pays for it, but the plumbers and mechanics put it in. If most mechanics are like me, these days I open up google and search for answers on a head scratcher. I don't have time to head to every class, but I make time to read an iom or illustration on some ones website. For some reason too, I seem to due my research early in the morning, or late at night which limits my "over the phone" help.This in-turn helps me remember whom posted great options and ideas about their product, and then I just forget the other brands names completely.
    I'll due most of my research and planning over the web. Contacting supply house salesman is also a crap-shoot. The knowledge your local supply house has about pump models and product data is limited.
    In short, put more information and application data on line, make it pop up quick with a search, and it'll be easier and quicker to move your product. Brochures and happy people standing in a kitchen on the literature page make me leave that website and go elsewhere.
    The major hydronic or plumbing company that pumps out a free program for typical plumbing and hydronic applications, like a tutorial or class with graduation points would be the hottest thing out there. What plumber or hvac mechanic would not remember the brand that provided a free training program on line about basic and complicated pump/plumbing/hydronic application on-line with graduation stages? How could they not tell all of their buddies to check out that companies website, and probably end-up applying their products on a regular basis. So many of us are more willing to read for 20 minutes every night, then show up to a class after work for an hour.
    just my opinion,

Post Likes
    I'm going to pass that along.

Post Likes
    I think that on-line training is very important, also tech help by phone after 5:00 would be extremly helpful. The manufactures have to remember that if once a home owner owns the piece of equipment, if it cant be repaired in a resonable amount of time, peolpe will start to condem the product, reguardless of if it a tech problem or not.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I think that on-line training is very important, also tech help by phone after 5:00 would be extremly helpful. The manufactures have to remember that if once a home owner owns the piece of equipment, if it cant be repaired in a resonable amount of time, peolpe will start to condem the product, reguardless of if it a tech problem or not.
    That's the absolute truth , most times the client is happy when a problem is fixed right away , if it gets delayed for any reason , you and the products are known by other names after that.

Post Likes
    Wall studs are 16" on center, and a standard bath towel is 30" Wide. So why are standard towel bars still 24" ??

Post Likes
    I have a Burnham gas hot water boiler for about 10 years free of any trouble up until this morning when some water oozing out at the base of the boiler. I opened the front cover, and checked, did not see any leakage, just the water is constantly oozing out at the base. I even shut the water intake and outtake off, but still see some water at the base, Maybe I have to clean up for the remaining water in the system to drain?

Post Likes
    Why does Navien sell their “combo boiler” manifold separately? It just promotes scabby work that’s not in line with manufacturers specs.

Why does Rinnai make electrical contacts for plugs too small for a standard multi meter probe to read voltage?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in