Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Had to mess with you guys a little. As previously stated here by n-e-w-Jerz angular alignment is not as critical as simply getting the sheaves straight across from each other. Not saying it shouldn't be close because it should but I agree with him. Balancers see a lot of sheave packages and by far the biggest problem is the sheaves being off-set from each other.
    I have seen pump alignment done with a credit card. I wouldn't try it but the guys that do it that way that I have seen are good.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Had to mess with you guys a little. As previously stated here by n-e-w-Jerz angular alignment is not as critical
    I disagree!!! In many cases angular alignment is more critical than parallel, extremely important to correct angular misalignment in multi-belts drives setups.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    You have a point valdelocc but I think it is limited to sheaves with a minimum of 4 grooves because the grooves get smaller in height and the belts can jump. I'm sure you have seen angular alignment as the biggest problem but I haven't.
    Most of the sheaves I dealt with had one or two grooves and sometimes three.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Resurrected posts crack me up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123