Post Likes

Fujitsu Aou18cl swap to Aou24rml

My Question is that I'm not 100 % sure if I can preform a pump down on both units within the condenser...just to be clear shutting off the high side or liquid line ,then waiting until gauges read 0 and shutting off or ( front seating )the suction, on the fujitsu models Aou18cl and Aou24ml....

story is that some very nice installers who may or may not have something between their ears.....put 24k unit in a commercial building in the back serving two rooms one was obviously to smalll (11ftx6ft...2-4ft by 2 ft windows)for a 12k evap unit...another 12k served a 20ft by 8ft room 4 windows...so we are swap the 24k to the front where the 18k is and putting the 18k over to the 20x8 room which is someones office ....im aware its slightly oversized but my boss has the idea.

any clue if the units are fine or are the microcompressors not able to handle it.

Post Likes
    You should be able to pump them down. Put heads in cooling close off the liquid line and wait till suction reads 5-0 psi and hit the breaker. Then close the suction valve and you should be ok. Check the manual it might evenhave a section on this, i did a LG last week and the manual stated how to pump down the system for relocation.

Post Likes
    Thanks I just found out and bought the service port adapters ...out of curiousity is there any other brands that have the over sized ports

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images