+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geothermal split header (GeoSolar) vs regular reverse return

Post Likes

Geothermal split header (GeoSolar) vs regular reverse return

Anyone have any experience using these headers? I can see the benefits of them but I'm wondering if a special fusion tool is required for them. Like if the splits are too closely spaced to use the regular socket fusion heater. Any comments? http://www.geosolarproducts.com/

Name:  4zone.jpg
Views: 2301
Size:  37.3 KB

Post Likes
    I have never used it, but have seen one.
    It requires a heating iron with a smaller tip or side mount elements.
    Look at the irons on pipefuser.com .. It's the kits I've bought and use still. The iron I have works for this geo solar header without any issues.

I have been building my own "close headers" in shop. But believe in this system fully too.
    Dan Callahan
    www.CallahanWellDrilling.com
    Get "well educated" with us!

Post Likes
    We have used the headers once when we were working with a vertical driller and he had the headers and iron. The are pretty sweet, work great and install very nicely, downside is you do need a new iron for them and they only come in certain configurations. We often install horizontally drilled loops that are lots of circuits or big systems that are up to 12 circuits and 6 doesn't work so we could only use these on maybe half our jobs and our current headers work fine so we did not upgrade to them.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    The downside is also the size restrictions.
    We typically install 1" loops for our residential homes. The header system only comes in 3/4" inlets with 1 1/4" outlets.
    I was in talks with GeoSolar about making the headers in 1"loops with 1 1/4" outlets for small residential and also 1" loops with 2" outlets for large residential and small commercial. They said its too much in R&D right now to manufacture.
    Dan Callahan
    www.CallahanWellDrilling.com
    Get "well educated" with us!

Post Likes
    Thank you very much for the comments guys.

Pipefuser has some interesting socket fusion tools, thanks for the link!

Post Likes
    By the way SkyHeating, love your youtube channel. I was wondering how you tied in this fitting to a vertical loop but I found the video on your channel showing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMuRymKhqw

Thanks!

Post Likes
    The company I work for uses the GeoSolar headers. I think they are great. Save a lot of time and create less fusion/leak points. You do need a new tapered head iron to fuse with so you will not burn through the adjacent pipes.

Post Likes

Geo Solar Header....... Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    We have used the headers once when we were working with a vertical driller and he had the headers and iron. The are pretty sweet, work great and install very nicely, downside is you do need a new iron for them and they only come in certain configurations. We often install horizontally drilled loops that are lots of circuits or big systems that are up to 12 circuits and 6 doesn't work so we could only use these on maybe half our jobs and our current headers work fine so we did not upgrade to them.
    We have been working on this issue and have come up with a new header to fix the problem. Its simply a 2" to 1.1/4" x 1.1/14" Y fitting that will accommodate any 2 equal headers, so you can go up to 12 circuits and still maintain optimum flow. You can contact your local dealer for more information.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in