Post Likes

KMC controller techs?

hey control gurus;

i posted a question in the pro technical forum about KMC controllers

can you swing over there and try to answer it?

Post Likes
    What is your question, I probably can help you with the KMC Line

Post Likes

Post KMC Controls - Password Management

Quote Originally Posted by jriley View Post
    What is your question, I probably can help you with the KMC Line
    Hi there,
    I have to login to each site individually in order to change password or add user or change the access control. I am wondering if there is a way to manage the usernames and password(s) for all of our site at once.

I am at a point where i am thinking to add a BACnet router KMD-5551E and use TC 4.0 with Commander for the fron end. thi upgrade would require a lots of time and money and would not want to spend either, if it does not help with the user management.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing back from you any other Control Guru out there.

Thank you,

Post Likes
    What are you logging into?
    Wincontrol, TotalControl...
    It would seem that you need to put all your sites into one server for everyone to access so then its one location.
    If its KMD then ya you might need to add the translators as routers to that server or use the commanders or Jaces at each site then feed up to the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you for your prompt reply!
    So here is what we have at the moment. Field techs are equipped with WinControl XL (with HASP KEY), TotalControl on a Server for managing the Graphics, trends and Alarms, etc.
    We have been in touch with a KMC distributor and they have recommended to upgrade all the LAN lites (approx. 200 buildings) to BACnet/ Cloud based Controller. In order to do that, we have to add a BACnet Router to communicate with KMD devices. My question is if we are not going to get an ability to Manage the Username and passwords for all the devies at once, what is the use of spending a large amount of money and time in order to upgrade it and still use KMD device. Unless there is a wrok around to this situation or my other option would be just upgrade controllers to a different Manufacturer that supports easy management of all the sites, that included User Management and Self-Monitoring. When I mention Self-monitoring, people do get confused so let me break it down for you guys. Self monitoring means that if any parameter goes out of its range, it sends an alarm, and based on that alarm a specific action is taken. as long as it is not a physical problem or hardware/mecahnical issue, this process can be somewhat automated, especially if the devices are communicatiing over a cloud platform.

Thanks again, looking for ward to hearing back!