Post Likes

Automatrix to FX Jace

Hello guys, my company is looking at a intergration from a automatrix system to a FX jace . I haven't made a site visit yet, I also have no automatrix background!! I see there is a PUP driver, and reading the niagara documents, it looks like there is a auto discovery. For both the device's and point's?? Any feedback, would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Hello guys, my company is looking at a intergration from a automatrix system to a FX jace . I haven't made a site visit yet, I also have no automatrix background!! I see there is a PUP driver, and reading the niagara documents, it looks like there is a auto discovery. For both the device's and point's?? Any feedback, would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, I know little about JCI's FX Jace, specifically. Last one I saw we ripped out and replaced. Nothing wrong with it, just a matter of a customer fed up with the local JCI contractor. I'm not knocking JCI, but as with many other companies they have some local offices that are good (from the customer's point of view) ... and some which are considerably less than that. In fact I have a job coming up where another customer wants the JCI stuff ripped out and replaced (NAE and various field controllers). I looked over site and installation. Installed stuff is fine and could do exactly what customer wants ... the local JCI contractor is the problem, not the equipment.

Anyway, your FX Jace should be able to discover everything you'd need to work with the AAM stuff. You mentioned PUP driver, so I assume the controllers are AAM's PUP protocol controllers, as versus their Native BacNet line.

Your real problem will be that you're going to need documentation, or will have to reverse engineer some things. For instance, if your Jace finds all the controllers, and then for one particular one you see a point show up that reveals it is ... for instance ... Universal Input 1 for an DX controller. There will not be any information shown that will tell you WHAT the input is being used for, or information in plain English which shows how the input is configured. The information about its configuration is there and accessible via the Jace, you just need to know how to read it. The info about what that input is used for, is not. You'll need to find that out some other way.

You probably want to get hold of the relevant tech manuals.
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public

Post Likes
    I just started a similar thread http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....Automatrix-PUP . I got a great response from Osiyo. It lools laborious and the driver is going to cost us a thousand buks so we are going to replace the controllers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    I just started a similar thread http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....Automatrix-PUP . I got a great response from Osiyo. It lools laborious and the driver is going to cost us a thousand buks so we are going to replace the controllers.
    The driver costs a thousand? Interesting. I myself have never personally ordered any of the Jace stuff. It's usually done by the office staff. And I haven't had an occasion to be curious and look in the files to find out. I have a rough idea what we pay for the main Jaces themselves, but no clue about the other odd and sundry expenses.

For the most part, I don't do the front end stuff myself. Could ... slowly. Have the software, some training, some experience. But mostly I just test, review, and edit/modify a finished product. We have some guys who specialize in front ends. Mostly all they do. And they're very good and very fast at it.

When they're dealing with bringing in systems they know and understand.

When they're dealing with field controllers and devices they don't know, or not all that well, ... they tend to be slow and make a lot of mistakes.

Yep, if its not a lot of installed controllers, probably best for yourself and for the customer, to replace them.
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public