Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixinthangz View Post
    I do not mean any disrespect to any on the forum but the more expensive tools are usually the better quality. I'm not outfitted by harbor freight. I know that unasked for advice can offend some but I honestly want you all to have the best my techs are not allowed to have a poor quality meter and so on. IMOP image is 90% of what we do I used to do a lot of commercial about 10 million a year and About lost my rear when a reverse bid process took me into 375k in the hole Gawd that was awful. Anyhow through gritting it out I learned to make a profit in resi again and paid off my debt in about 3 years. When a customer sees you they make more judgement about your abilities based on non verbal communication than they do off your words. If they see your clean, competent and most importantly see you listen and care you will be able to charge more for your work and buy more toys.
    I call our tools toys because if you love your work you get paid to play.

If any of you would like to know how I climbed out of the pit I was in I will gladly share my story with you. I think I'll post it in the Business forum and if your not a pro member you can PM me. The pro members have helped me alot in my life I would not have made it where I'm at with out their help.
    So a Veto to all and may you all prosper.
    Yes, this would be interesting. I am not aware of what a reverse bid process is... and how one could loose hundreds of $thousands bidding... however I never ventured into commercial beyond RTU maintenance.
    Will look in B&M in a day or so. And THX for sharing your experience, we all learn more than we realize from experience.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I used to use a AWP bag from Lowes. It worked fine, but my tool just ended up in a jumble at the bottom of the bag. The side pockets weren't deep enough to organize my nut drivers and screw drivers and they would just end up falling into the main pocket of the bag. That was really no big deal, but the last straw was when I was carrying the bag up a 28ft ladder and the strap broke near the top. That night I went online and bought a tech LC and have never looked back. Customers have even commented on how professional it looks. I love it.

Post Likes
    I had a Tech for a while but I didnt liked it because there isnt enough small pockets to hold all my tools. I now have an LC. You might wanna consider klein back bag its nice too!

Post Likes
    CLC 1526 has worked great for me. The backpack looks good.

Post Likes
    I have the LC, but when it comes time to replace I'll get the Tech LC

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345