Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152 LastLast
    Post Likes
    THX Doug...

It has been years since I fiddled with the AK's... I just use them... grin!

Which, BTW, speaks volumes about their dependability!

Wonder if any of the other digital heads have a track record of just working...
    YEAR in and YEAR out... grin
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX Doug...

It has been years since I fiddled with the AK's... I just use them... grin!

Which, BTW, speaks volumes about their dependability!

Wonder if any of the other digital heads have a track record of just working...
    YEAR in and YEAR out... grin
    Nope, I broke the cardinal rule of 'commodities', I built them to last......still got people looking for parts for the BTD1000 (16 years old) and they'll throw a fit on getting a new set of gauges BUT they piss away $700 in hidden fees on a new !@#%ing iPhone ever 18 months......
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    4.22" CtC and yes they bolt right on to a Titan. The fittings are a 1/8" mpt X 1/8" FPT Swivel hydraulic fitting. Problem is we had to custom manufacture them as ALL the fitting manufucturers cut the number of threads down by having them ALL manufactured in China to the point that they stripped when you installed them and we of course use them to 'support' the head. You can use the same size fittings in 90 deg Elb in 1/8"mpt X 1/8"fpt 90 screwing into the manifold then screwing a 1/8" mpt X 1/8" fat swivel 90 into that with the head screwed in that 1/8" fpt swivel.......that is for Brutes, or other different size manifolds......
    mounted AK900 on a YJ Brute .. just didn't like the fittings that was provided .. so I visited our local hydraulics hose shop and got a few different fittings to try. had no idea what a pita mounting would be .. found out about Titan being a direct fit afterwards. needless to say next time I'm ordering a new Titan for this conversion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cy View Post
    mounted AK900 on a standard Brute .. just didn't like the fittings that was provided .. so I visited our local hydraulics hose shop and got a few different fittings to try. had no idea what a pita mounting would be .. found out about

It's called a 'Brute' for a reason Cy......I use one to swage my 7/8" vapour lines......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Nope, I broke the cardinal rule of 'commodities', I built them to last......still got people looking for parts for the BTD1000 (16 years old) and they'll throw a fit on getting a new set of gauges BUT they piss away $700 in hidden fees on a new !@#%ing iPhone ever 18 months......
    And that's why most folks trust Digi-Cool! and prefer AK900 to all other like products in marketplace.

for those that don't understand planned obsolesce, think ball joints and Ujoints on all our vehicles. used to be ALL ball joints, tie rod ends, ujoints, wheel bearings, etc. etc. were serviceable. grease zerks were provided to allow easy injection of grease. so if someone kept their ball joints full of grease, they literally lasted the lifetime of the vehicle.

components that last next to forever cannot help but affect the bottom line of said mfg. so almost ALL mfg have adopted tactics that limits the life of their products. they want their products to last well pass warranty period, but NOT forever.

in the above example of joints, tie rod end, Ujoints, mfg started leaving off grease zerks and calling them lifetime lubricated .. or marketing speak for limited life. so now the typical ball joint/tie rod end may last 50k miles to perhaps 125k miles depending on duty cycle .. instead of lasting lifetime of vehicle if kept full of grease.

Post Likes
    Are all Titans the same?there is a silver and grey version I believe.

Post Likes
    The grey ones are the new version.... nicer valves and larger knobs.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Thanks GA.

Post Likes
    Love the gauges but you have definitely made a small fortune off me on clamps.

10. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    I don't even know what alternative DRSA I will uses once the (4) new ak900s I collected over he past year are destroyed. Hopefully they will last the rest of my careers...or I might just have to change career!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daggeroth View Post
    Love the gauges but you have definitely made a small fortune off me on clamps.
    I know, I fix all the ones that come back......never dragged a new one out of the bag. That's the reason why we wanted to get to the wireless.
    Also the wire is so small as the larger wire 'conducted the heat' right into the teeny, tiny thermocouple bead and threw the readings WAY off so we had to go with smaller mass wire but of course one false step and you rip them right out,......Sorry about the at daggeroth....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I don't even know what alternative DRSA I will uses once the (4) new ak900s I collected over he past year are destroyed. Hopefully they will last the rest of my careers...or I might just have to change career!
    I agree......think how #$^&ing stupid I'd look with a SpongeBob Pants kit in my hand!!!!

14. Likes Chuck liked this post
    Post Likes
    Lol. Those are horrible. I sold them the week I bought them to another Tech that loves that yellow junk. Then I bought my self another set of AKs.

Doug, I heard that the imanifold uses some technology/intellectual property you developed...any truth to said rumors I've come across on the fourms?

What was the main reason you decided to close Digi-cools production?

I'm all for technology, but don't really like how it attempts to takes the place of a personal knowledge, experience, understanding of how equipment operates and the physics behind it.

Soon all condensers will have transducers and the proper placed pipe thermistors which will give you superheat and subcooling on the units control in real time from your office. Almost Like the Carrier Infinity Green Speed systems...the day will.be here sooner than later.

Damn. Sorry I type to much. I'm contacting Brenda so I can buying a few more sets of pipe clamp thermistors.
    Im so mad I didn't get in on the 50% sales event earlier. Some how I missed the email! I would have had a stockpile of sensors and parts to keepw.going for.at least 2-3 years. Haha

Now if I only knew the actual specs of thermistors so I could buy them on Digikey! So many 10k thermistor models I don't know where to start! 🙄

Cheers,
    Patrick

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152 LastLast