Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Hello stability, I can just explain this to the best of my know how a lot of these terms you are using are starting to get just slightly above my knowledge base. As far as the Excel 500 & IRC types of controllers if I am understanding this correctly. I just and only have a total of 4 Delta Net R7044D style controllers and five devices. One of my R7044D controllers has two air handler units connected to it so its split between two units. I do not know the professional term would be to describe this. I just have a two wire two conductor cable inter-connecting these controllers and perhaps a dedicated ATTIS line for data from the longest distance away R7044D controller. At the moment without looking at anything to go by I just identify these controllers by a long number like 01.002.0500000 the last three numbers are assoiciated with either a analog input / output or digital input / output at this moment any alias names do not quite come to me. I can't quite remember if the PID settings could be adjusted just in terminal emulation or TE and the graphic points since I never made any modifications like this since Honeywell set the system up in the early to mid 90's. I am not sure what the C-bus is maybe the double conductor communcations wire. I do not understand some terms or have nothing in my knowledge base to associate these terms with due to my level of understanding of this system. I just barely remember some of this but its not any parts I had to do. I am not sure about programing tools. I do not have any Excel 500 devices at all well as far as know anyways. I do know the controllers can run the machinery they are attached to. Even though I currently have a multi tap multi voltage power supply that has failed and the company is dragging their feet on obtaining the parts I have ordered. So now the building is cold and no hot water. Unless I run my boiler than the building will get too hot because I have no control with my DDC panels down awaiting parts

Post Likes
    Hello Reckles I havn't seen a email yet. I hope its not the kind where the sender says " Oh I forgot to put a STAMP " on it then STOMPS on the receivers foot lol

Post Likes
    Well today Friday I guess every one is out spending their money this evening but me. I am in trying to be safe. But I guess I am answering my own questions also. I was looking for all of the .drw Designer files where they were stored on the OLD hard-drive which had failed when I had the drive OUT connected thru a USB port and 40 pin interface cable I could SEE some of the files within Windows BUT when I went to access the files the drives would vanish and were NOT stable at all even IF I could start copying files the process would end before complete. I had a old disk CD that could partition repair modify partition size but everything runs in DOS and it can ONLY be used under windows 98 95 I don't think XP though. But to make a long story short I happend to find the .drw files on my failed drive. Honeywell even told me the drive wasn't any good and I believed them but still I pursued it more. I had to try to remember how to type out my old DOS commands which is so different than today. I had to type C:/ dir ENTER to show me the contents BUT this drive had partitions which the disk CD told and showd me. It said there were 4 partitions C: D: E: F: plus it showed me the file space and free space. Any-who I typed in D:/ at the A: prompt it did seem funny that I booted from a CD but for some reason it loaded the CD rom driver which starts with a M can't remember MXDEX but that's not it. A lot of the files .drw Designer files were on the D drive D:/XBSI/DATABASE I was really happy to find these files which I thought they were gone like "Old Dog Ranger " I really thought this data was corrupt or I would NEVER be able to retrieve it and or if it was retreived it would of costed a LOT of money. I still do not know enough about this to know if there were any ID# configuration files. But still I can still assign these ID numbers to points its just going to take a long time to do this. I just know this was setup by the Honeywell engineeres back in the early 1990's

Post Likes
    No idea of how to program R7044 but I do have some parts available. I have replaced quite a lot R7044 in the last few years. If you need part, I can give you few for free.

5. Likes Coolingtower139 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolingtower139 View Post
    Hello Reckles I havn't seen a email yet. I hope its not the kind where the sender says " Oh I forgot to put a STAMP " on it then STOMPS on the receivers foot lol
    I've sent it to the email address in your profile. Maybe its in your spam folder?

Post Likes
    Hello PixelControls,
    I would be happy for some parts. Right now I really do not think the company wants to spend a lot of money for a new system. But I am speaking for them now so I have no idea. I had some old software I found at home that was supposed to repair hard drives so I tried it on one failed drives. The software did say the problem or sector was repaired BUTT I still would NOT use a drive like that for this system. With that said I WAS able to retrieve some .drw Graphics files of my equiptment but I would still have to assign points to these Graphic files which is a lot of work. I am not sure where you are but I am in the USA Pennsylvaina 19320 I told my boss I would probably have to purchase some Delta Net R7044D & E controllers and a XPC500 Double ISA Slot communcations PC card. My whole system runs on windows 98. I would have to pay for the shipping. The company is Arcelormittal 139 Modena Road attn Arc Maintenance Dept A-600 if it helps in determining shipping costs

Post Likes
    I can check on Monday Reckles I have been so busy trying to retrieve data files from the old hard drive that failed actually they are ALL .drw files from Designer. I am pretty sure I have the installation 3.5" floppy some where but Just have to locate it. NOW I have to GO - OUT of xbsi and go to my xbsi folder in the database folder to locate the .drw file I want to edit in stead of clicking on Graphic I think under Edit in XBSI its a little bit of a pain to have to do this but its because designer wasn't properly installed on C:/ I kind of just dropped it on there with a floppy disc & Timberland-Net via front-end computer lol. It is easer when access to designer is within XBSI but I can still work around it to get the job accomplished.

Post Likes
    Hello Again PizelControls, I do really appreciate if even you could send me just ONE controller and ONE communcations card and perhaps one multi voltage power supply. I believe these power supplies have 5V 12V 15V+ & 15V- DC final outputs. and a power factor at the very last terminal. I can't remember exzactly the term but it has something to do with power output at peak an non peak demand. The first three connections are for 120VAC L1 L2 Gnd.

Post Likes
    Hello Reckles,
    I have to check when I go to work. I tried to look at my emails on my phone but Its prompting me to re-sign in and in order to do that I have to answer my desk phone at work and of course I am not there to answer it. With all of these modern day Tech features I could program desk phone to call my cell but actually I get tired quick of working on a motor control panel or running LAN CAT-5 wire or electrical wiring or working on a steam boiler or doing my sulfate sodium residual anaylists and boiler water hardness tests while answering the phone in my office plus office emails while out in the field. Its like doing three peoples jobs at once ha ha.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolingtower139 View Post
    I told my boss I would probably have to purchase some Delta Net R7044D & E controllers and a XPC500 Double ISA Slot communcations
    Be careful here, I dont think you need an XPC500 card. You may be wasting money.
    A W7053 or W7054 card handles the Level1 'Peer' bus comms.
    Double check that ISA card before committing yourself.
    Sounds like it works anyhow?

Good to hear you retrieved your graphic files, thats a lot of work saved.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    Be careful here, I dont think you need an XPC500 card. You may be wasting money.
    A W7053 or W7054 card handles the Level1 'Peer' bus comms.
    Double check that ISA card before committing yourself.
    Sounds like it works anyhow?

Good to hear you retrieved your graphic files, thats a lot of work saved.

Hello Keith,
    I am not sure which card is in the PC. I just know its a double ISA slot card and its been in the computer ever since 1993 and when the company got this system. Even though this is the second PC when it started we had Honeywell Delta Net System which ran on Windows 3.1 back then. Then Honeywell got the company to upgrade to XPSI back then I was learning how to just work the part of it that the building owners looked at and Never thought how everything worked or any of its componets and I would of never been the one to determie internal parts even my boss at the time. He had no clue and was just TRYING to understand the software JUST to operate it lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345